your most surreal experience...
1990 Sitting on the Toronto Subway late at night and spotting the bloke opposite was staring at me and acting very strange, when I got off there was a Police wanted poster on the wall warning of/looking for a man who had carried out a string of Sexual Assaults in and around the ‘Scarborough District’

I’m 99% sure it was him , and just thinking about it still freaks me out.
Answered the phone at work once, a personal call asking for my boss who was in her office. I asked who should I say was calling, and he replied Willie Rushton. They were old friends.
When a massive coincidence happened on LSD Wink
(04-02-2020, 12:39 PM)MGalea Wrote: Get ScoreyWitt on line one now!

That's exactly who I had in mind for the Dudley car park dream!!!

Stood talking about the world Cup final with my dad and nobby stiles for 30 minutes after everyone else had left the pub
(04-02-2020, 01:10 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: Got chatted up and asked out by a model on the Volvo stand at the Motorshow in 2000. She was utterly gorgeous. I wasn’t. Surreal

Being asked if you’d like to take a leaflet isn’t being chatted up.
(04-04-2020, 11:44 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 09:55 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 05:33 PM)igorbalis Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 11:14 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 07:56 AM)ferencpuskas Wrote: What did I ? vocals /guitar and a bit of keys. 50s 60s RnR, still do now, only 1/2 a month, and still singing the same stuff, and the old uns still love it, and still boppin, some of em that is  Big Grin Big Grin
Are you a local lad baggie, thought perhaps you were there that night, also played there with Shane Fenton, who became Alvin Stardust, Kaye Sisters, remember them,Vince Hill, and the Walker Bros. "Ma" Regan who owned all the ballrooms, managed to bring 'em all in, incl the Beatles, Bill Haley, Freddie and the Dreamers, us support acts never knew who we were on with until the week before. What an era for live music! Cool

The Beatles played in Old Hill?
No mate, Ma Regan, who owned all the venues, booked them for one of the Brum venues, and put them up overnight at her house, they were just becoming known, and she always said they wrote one of their songs, there can't remember whch though Sad

Didn't they play at a venue in Rookery Rd. Handsworth? Possibly The Farcroft, another of Ma Regans bookings.  I worked with a guy that saw them and the Stones there. He also saw the Stones somewhere down Digbeth as well and had a drink with them, they couldn't believe Brum shut down tight at night back then. Quaker town.  The Beatles also played at St Peters Church hall in Sutton.

The Beatles played at Thimblemill Baths in Smethwick too, I seem to remember reading that they also played at the Adelphi in West Brom'.