You’ll never walk alone...
(04-05-2020, 10:02 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 10:00 AM)wba13 Wrote: Perhaps both the government and other footballers should take a leaf out of what  James McClean has done .

It was a thankful doctor at Altnagelvin hospital who revealed McClean had donated kit to the under-pressure staff. It led to the Republic of Ireland international being quizzed about his good deed, but to him it was about remembering where he's from.

"I was going through Facebook and saw a post asking for help," said McClean. "I just typed into Google to see what I could get and was fortunate to find equipment."

He immediately purchased around 400 pairs of gloves, 100 face masks, protective visors, 10 hand sanitisers and over 100 gowns.

He added: "It's not going to solve all the problems but hopefully it can tide them over. It begs the question if I'm able to go online why can't the authorities supply enough equipment?"

Perhaps the government should phone Amazon, then maybe the hospitals will get there essential equipment quicker.
Now I’m not a huge McClean fan but he does do some wonderful things for charity. As for those Facebook and Twitter morons who wished his family would catch and die, of the Coronavirus they are the real culprits who need finding and sorting out.

This. McClean is a good lad. He is just terminally simple in the head.

I don't think he's that bright.
(04-05-2020, 10:04 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 10:00 AM)wba13 Wrote: Perhaps both the government and other footballers should take a leaf out of what  James McClean has done .

It was a thankful doctor at Altnagelvin hospital who revealed McClean had donated kit to the under-pressure staff. It led to the Republic of Ireland international being quizzed about his good deed, but to him it was about remembering where he's from.

"I was going through Facebook and saw a post asking for help," said McClean. "I just typed into Google to see what I could get and was fortunate to find equipment."

He immediately purchased around 400 pairs of gloves, 100 face masks, protective visors, 10 hand sanitisers and over 100 gowns.

He added: "It's not going to solve all the problems but hopefully it can tide them over. It begs the question if I'm able to go online why can't the authorities supply enough equipment?"

Perhaps the government should phone Amazon, then maybe the hospitals will get there essential equipment quicker.
Now I’m not a huge McClean fan but he does do some wonderful things for charity. As for those Facebook and Twitter morons who wished his family would catch and die, of the Coronavirus they are the real culprits who need finding and sorting out.

Did he wear his balaclava when he delivered em?

Probably would have been safer for him in it, but would have frightened the life out of the staff. Angel
Pretty funny that Liverpool are going cap-in-hand to a Tory Government.

The club should be totally ashamed to do so, however.