Virus- Anyone had it?
I came down with a fever after work last Monday.Spent 3 solid days in bed feeling crap,although no real cough to speak of.Started to feel better from Friday,then yesterday the fever came back and I felt dreadful,slept for 13 hours. Managed to speak with the Doc today who seems to think it is likely that I have it. However,without a test how can you really know?? My daughter,in the same household,has also been ill for a week,more coughing but not as much fever as me.She is back on her feet,whilst I’m back in bed for the day.

Anyone on here had it confirmed or think they may have had it?
Not tested but yes.
I had a really weird virus back in January, like nothing I've ever had before. It didn't include a cough though. I do wonder if there are a lot of people who have experienced very varied symptoms as seems to be the current train of thought.
(04-06-2020, 11:00 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: I had a really weird virus back in January, like nothing I've ever had before. It didn't include a cough though. I do wonder if there are a lot of people who have experienced very varied symptoms as seems to be the current train of thought.
The thing is we don't know if we've had it, had mild symptoms, no symptoms, a bad dose etc, etc. 
I had the first cold I've had for about 18 months about a month ago, gone in 3 or 4 days. It's possible that could have been it.
I saw a BBC correspondent doing a test which showed he had it, but didn't even realise. 
Depending on our own immunity it could not be noticed, or it could kill you- that's the spectrum. Until there's proper testing for all we are in the dark.
I felt like 3 sacks of shit for a week in February. Complete lethargy, fever, no appetite.

Have I had it? Don't know. I doubt it, but I would like to know.
one of our co owners at work unfortunatley died from it the weekend.

57 years old.

he left work 2 weeks ago to shield as he has asthma and diabetes. i wouldnt have pegged him as unfit though. reasonable diet and gym every day.

he struggled breathing last week and got admitted. ventilated and stablized but his kidneys started to fail and he died saturday.

5 or 6 of us all became ill at the same time about 3 weeks ago but with none of the 3 main things. mainly headaches and no energy.

so more than likely we have had it but no way of knowing for sure without a proper test.
I came down with a horrible flu over Christmas, with a hacking cough, lethargy and for 3 days I was blowing hot and cold every hour or so - was absolutely horrible... The cough then lingered for a couple months - nowhere near as bad, but as soon as I stepped into cold air/cold room it started again. Thankfully I got over it.

The timeline feels far too early for me to have had COVID19, but all the symptoms added up. Thankfully other than a friend of a friend, noone I know has even had anything mildly resembling it.
Might have had a mild form of it in January. I developed a very sore throat and could hardly swallow anything, a nasty cough that feels like it has damaged my lungs, a short lived feverish feeling and I felt drained but no snotty nose at all which is very unusual for me.
(04-06-2020, 11:24 AM)foreveralbion Wrote: one of our co owners at work unfortunatley died from it the weekend.

57 years old.

he left work 2 weeks ago to shield as he has asthma and diabetes. i wouldnt have pegged him as unfit though. reasonable diet and gym every day.

he struggled breathing last week and got admitted. ventilated and stablized but his kidneys started to fail and he died saturday.

5 or 6 of us all became ill at the same time about 3 weeks ago but with none of the 3 main things. mainly headaches and no energy.

so more than likely we have had it but no way of knowing for sure without a proper test.
Sorry for your loss, mate.

(04-06-2020, 11:24 AM)foreveralbion Wrote: one of our co owners at work unfortunatley died from it the weekend.

57 years old.

Sorry for your loss, mate.
Symptoms initially included one instance of wet fever, lethargy and mild headaches.

Then the coughs started which came and went.

Then loss of and subsequently change of taste in the mouth and lessening of strength of smell.

Lethargy for most of the time.

Worst, and by far the most concerning was breathing difficulty and change of feeling in the chest.

Symptoms lasted more than 2 weeks.

Having previously been hospitalised with pneumonia the breathing and chest change was of concern. Conscious deep breathing helped a lot.

I also take Ramipril which may not have helped the situation.