Times story for tomorrow...
I think everybody knew this about BJ from his mayoral and journalist work habits.

I thought the hope we had was that he delegated responsibility. Was this not done?
(04-19-2020, 06:11 AM)strawman Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 11:29 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I called it around xmas I made my  boss aware what was coming but they just buried their head in the sand ...I did get the heads up as my mate was in lockdown in hong kong .   Very negligent by the government not seeing it sooner .

Now that's what you call pro-active - Hong Kong locking down a month before the first case there

They locked down the schools straight away and is still teaching on Skype.

Wouldn't mind priti patel as pm .
(04-19-2020, 02:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 11:29 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I called it around xmas I made my  boss aware what was coming but they just buried their head in the sand ...I did get the heads up as my mate was in lockdown in hong kong .   Very negligent by the government not seeing it sooner .

Now that's what you call pro-active - Hong Kong locking down a month before the first case there

You wouldn't mind someone who committed treason against this country to be PM?

Jesus wept.

Why?  What specific personal or professional qualities does she have that would make her your choice?
(04-19-2020, 03:15 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:

You wouldn't mind someone who committed treason against this country to be PM?

Jesus wept.
You wanted corbyn who supported a terrorist group that bombed my city
(04-19-2020, 03:33 PM)WWHO Wrote:

Why?  What specific personal or professional qualities does she have that would make her your choice?

Nice tits takes no shit
When did I want Corbyn?
(04-19-2020, 07:30 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: He wanted to become PM not be a PM. The ERG want him gone and this is the first of many hatchet jobs to come. He's got them into power with an 80 seat majority and the plebs who voted for them will probably learn the hard way (if they haven't via COVID-19). However, the ERG have already voted for Patel to become PM. The narrative will be Johnson to resign (Health, family). Convenient for the ERG who want him out.

Johnson meanwhile, hides again (in ill health after a week - quite possible but we've heard nothing from Chequers). He should be charged with dereliction of duty, going on the Times story. The advice was never 'science' or scientific - it put the economy over people's lives and was confused and convoluted until Johnson was indoors a week and a half ago. It is 2 months without firm, humane leadership.

But I fear it will get much worse. Public opinion will possibly turn and call for a 'hard' or 'competent' leader who will get rid of 'red tape' etc. The nasty Patel and odious Gove are likely, but as I have heard the ERG have already voted a preference, we have a wannabee Mussolini/Hitler through the door.

You make so many assertions and don't provide a scintilla of evidence for any of them. Other points you make are risible.

1. How do you know the ERG want him gone?

2. When was this 'vote'?

3. There is no 'charge' of dereliction of duty and PMs more often than not don't attend CoBRA meetings

4. You say the advice was not science - when he is acting on the advice of the CMO and CSO. Pretty scientific, those 2

5. There would have been no point locking down when the infection was not widespread, because it just creates a 2nd spike when controls are relaxed

6. You say he is motivated by the economy - which is why we have had lockdown for however long it is, now, with huge financial aid to individuals and businesses. If there was any truth in your rant, he'd have gone for the Swedish approach

7. The advice is nor was convoluted and, at every stage, the PM said that the advice would change as evidence manifested

As Maajid Nawaz says, it's a pure hatchet job. https://twitter.com/maajidnawaz/status/1...76166?s=21
(04-19-2020, 10:54 PM)Neil Parsley Wrote:
(04-19-2020, 07:30 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: He wanted to become PM not be a PM. The ERG want him gone and this is the first of many hatchet jobs to come. He's got them into power with an 80 seat majority and the plebs who voted for them will probably learn the hard way (if they haven't via COVID-19). However, the ERG have already voted for Patel to become PM. The narrative will be Johnson to resign (Health, family). Convenient for the ERG who want him out.

Johnson meanwhile, hides again (in ill health after a week - quite possible but we've heard nothing from Chequers). He should be charged with dereliction of duty, going on the Times story. The advice was never 'science' or scientific - it put the economy over people's lives and was confused and convoluted until Johnson was indoors a week and a half ago. It is 2 months without firm, humane leadership.

But I fear it will get much worse. Public opinion will possibly turn and call for a 'hard' or 'competent' leader who will get rid of 'red tape' etc. The nasty Patel and odious Gove are likely, but as I have heard the ERG have already voted a preference, we have a wannabee Mussolini/Hitler through the door.

You make so many assertions and don't provide a scintilla of evidence for any of them. Other points you make are risible.

1. How do you know the ERG want him gone?

2. When was this 'vote'?

3. There is no 'charge' of dereliction of duty and PMs more often than not don't attend CoBRA meetings

This is refuted by a previous scientific advisor who worked with the Blair and Brown governments who said the Prime Minister was invariably in attendance and chaired most. Tell us what was more pressing than the very real risk of a pandemic that he couldn’t / didn’t attend? 

4. You say the advice was not science - when he is acting on the advice of the CMO and CSO. Pretty scientific, those 2

We went against most countries advice on how to deal with the problem for weeks despite the warnings and a real life example unfolding in Italy. Their medical and scientific advisors were saying we needed to change our approach. There were dissenting experts here and abroad that were saying our approach would put more lives at risk, the science didn’t change we had to change after Imperial College pointed out our ‘Herd Immunity’ approach would see thousands more deaths. ‘Take it on the chin’, let it run through the community or similar was been said by the Prime Minister... whilst other countries went into lockdown and started ramping up testing.

5. There would have been no point locking down when the infection was not widespread, because it just creates a 2nd spike when controls are relaxed

So trying to test, map and minimise outbreaks by locking down early would have been a mistake? Please explain the logic of locking down later when more people are infectious leading to more strain on the NHS first and secondly more people in the community having the virus and in turn passing it on now and when lockdown is relaxed. We currently have no real idea who has and hasn’t had the virus because we gave up testing the community in March. This again was against most countries and the WHO’s advice who said ‘Test, Test, Test. Unless we do have widespread community testing like Germany relaxing the lockdown will see a spike again as you can’t act with any real proactive measures. The reason we didn’t carry on testing in the community was simply because we didn’t / don’t have the capacity however we are rectifying that. 

6. You say he is motivated by the economy - which is why we have had lockdown for however long it is, now, with huge financial aid to individuals and businesses. If there was any truth in your rant, he'd have gone for the Swedish approach

The government by and large have looked after people financially and for that they should be commended. The system isn’t without faults and probably needs tweaking but I don’t think you can say they haven’t tried to protect people from the financial hit. You can argue that without the measures put in place the economy would have collapsed due to millions of people being plunged into poverty but imo the support although truncated has been very good.

7. The advice is nor was convoluted and, at every stage, the PM said that the advice would change as evidence manifested

They underestimated or ignored the risk both theoretically set out in 2016 Cygnus report and in real terms in 2020 and have had to react rather than be proactive. No amount of spin / bluster can alter that and and imo history will confirm this.

As Maajid Nawaz says, it's a pure hatchet job. https://twitter.com/maajidnawaz/status/1233728089571676166?s=21

Maajid Nawaz, also stated he believes Professor Whitty didn’t want to lock down at all, and implies lockdown will achieve similar results to not locking down. He also argued he wanted schools opened within the next couple of weeks (because schools aren’t a significant risk of spreading illnesses ffs) and that it was ok for him to go out to the park and shops, let his kid drink milk in the supermarket before paying and go to the park eating a pizza afterwards. He also said that once you’ve had the virus you were categorically immune, whilst the WHO have warned to be very cautious of this as yet theory. The bloke is a professional contrarian at best. 
For anyone interested, there is a response now on the official gov.com site.
(Sad day when we are referring to the governments one as the OS. Bring back football!)