WBAUnofficial
Nameism - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Nameism (/showthread.php?tid=11830)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Nameism - HLS - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 09:12 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: That's rather unkind isn't it?

Utter cunts have feelings too.

Arf. That explains the wet pants AOTS.

RE: Nameism - fuzzbox - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 08:58 AM)HLS Wrote: Jesus Christ. The backlash is far worse than the act. It used to be a fairly small, but well-known meme but it's beyond a joke now. The responses say more about how bigoted they are that they think a name is a reason that someone should suffer.

'If you can't handle a meme, try 400 years of oppression.' Are we measuring suffering using this barometer now. If you're white you can't be unhappy for any reason because unless you've become a biblical entity and managed to live for 5x the average age, you don't have the right to be pissed off with anything.

Do feel a bit sorry for people actually named Karen. I'd be a miffed to constantly be associated with utter cunts. It's why I don't tell people I come on here.

Is there any irony that we are commenting on social media about a joke that was made 12000 miles away  and then one random persons reaction on social media to that same joke as if it somehow has any significance to our world or is in any way important?

RE: Nameism - baggiebloke - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 03:58 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 08:58 AM)HLS Wrote: Jesus Christ. The backlash is far worse than the act. It used to be a fairly small, but well-known meme but it's beyond a joke now. The responses say more about how bigoted they are that they think a name is a reason that someone should suffer.

'If you can't handle a meme, try 400 years of oppression.' Are we measuring suffering using this barometer now. If you're white you can't be unhappy for any reason because unless you've become a biblical entity and managed to live for 5x the average age, you don't have the right to be pissed off with anything.

Do feel a bit sorry for people actually named Karen. I'd be a miffed to constantly be associated with utter cunts. It's why I don't tell people I come on here.

Is there any irony that we are commenting on social media about a joke that was made 12000 miles away  and then one persons reaction on social media to that same joke as if it somehow has any significance to our world or is in any way important?

Educational purposes mate.

If someone refers to a "Karen" we'll all know what the reference is now.

It's terrible singling out a name though, any name.

When RG brought out "Derek" the BBC News site ran a story on the demise of the name.

I was like, "what?????" 

We've got Kevan, we've got Statham, we've got andthedominoes, apt for this thread, but most importantly we've got our very own Hardballs.

(07-30-2020, 04:06 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: [quote='fuzzbox' pid='202255' dateline='1596124692']

Educational purposes mate.

When RG brought out "Derek" the BBC News site ran a story on the demise of the name.

I was like, "what?????" 

We've got Kevan, we've got Statham, we've got andthedominoes, apt for this thread, but most importantly we've got our very own Hardballs.

Right, so 'Karen' is going through a dark period in Australia? Like Walter, Sharon, Tracy, Nigel and Darren did? I hadn't realise derek was a problem, until now

I am missing out on so much....perhaps I should get on Facegram and tiktocker...

Maybe then I'll even understand the relevance of the Kardashians!

Im not sure, but I think the Kardashians phenomenon is a big bottom fetish thing.

Here's the original Derek story :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19247787

And a cringe worthy follow up :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19275450

RE: Nameism - Kit Kat Chunky - 07-30-2020

(07-30-2020, 04:17 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 04:06 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 03:58 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: Educational purposes mate.

I was like, "what?????" 

Right, so 'Karen' is going through a dark period in Australia? Like Walter, Sharon, Tracy, Nigel and Darren did? I hadn't realise derek was a problem, until now

I am missing out on so much....perhaps I should get on Facegram and tiktocker...

Maybe then I'll even understand the relevance of the Kardashians!
Terry Fuckwitt wants a word.

RE: Nameism - Brentbaggie - 07-30-2020

I think someone should get on to the lads at Viz.

(07-30-2020, 04:39 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: I think someone should get on to the lads at Viz.

Ah yes...to Terry add Roger.

Kardashians...so big arses are now in? When did that happen? Why did nobody tell me? I would have made some different life choices if only I'd known!

Christ, I was only joking about being out of touch, now I'm not so sure...

(07-30-2020, 05:00 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 04:39 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote: I think someone should get on to the lads at Viz.

Ah yes...to Terry add Roger.

Kardashians...so big arses are now in? When did that happen? Why did nobody tell me? I would have made some different life choices if only I'd known!

Christ, I was only joking about being out of touch, now I'm not so sure...

The large posterior thing is nothing new...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqOh4z2ASdk

RE: Nameism - Cheshire East Baggie - 07-31-2020

On the one hand, this story is just irrelevant nonsense that we should ignore.

On the other hand, this seems to be a racist, sexist and ageist insult that is accepted and defended by popular culture.  It seems only middle class, middle-aged white people can be -ist. Everyone else gets a free pass.

In the same vein (and let's see how quickly this gets bumped to  the Politics bored), I read a piece in the Guardian by a British based Nigerian writer. Her theme was "my Nigerian great grandfather sold thousands of slaves to traders". And her punchline was "It isn't fair to judge him by the standards of today". Hmmm.