Bands you now regret not seeing......
(06-01-2020, 08:50 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Thin Lizzy

I was too young really before they split but I think a reunion was on the cards before Phil died - I would have snapped up a ticket
a
 I know how you feel, i seen Lizzy as i said in another thread, in 1970, but what chokes me most, is not ever seeing Rory Gallagher, i remember i was back in Brum for a week or so, and
 Gallagher was playing at the Robin Club in Wolverhampton, i said to myself.......i can see him some other time, one big mistake, few years later he passed away, i have seen all the big ones, Pink Floyd Led Zep, Purple Eric Clapton, Rainbow Sting and loads more, but that one still kills me.
(06-01-2020, 08:56 PM)throstle2000 Wrote:

I was too young really before they split but I think a reunion was on the cards before Phil died - I would have snapped up a ticket
a
 I know how you feel, i seen Lizzy as i said in another thread, in 1970, but what chokes me most, is not ever seeing Rory Gallagher, i remember i was back in Brum for a week or so, and
 Gallagher was playing at the Robin Club in Wolverhampton, i said to myself.......i can see him some other time, one big mistake, few years later he passed away, i have seen all the big ones, Pink Floyd Led Zep, Purple Eric Clapton, Rainbow Sting and loads more, but that one still kills me.

Mate I'm a big Rory fan got all of his albums plus The Taste from the 60's.Got to see him at Brum Town hall 1970.Astoundingly brilliant,the Stones wanted him in 1969 when Brian Jones died and later when Mick Taylor left before Ronnie Wood joined.Shame the Guinness got him.
(06-01-2020, 09:26 PM)Alf Tupper Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 08:56 PM)throstle2000 Wrote:

a

Mate I'm a big Rory fan got all of his albums plus The Taste from the 60's.Got to see him at Brum Town hall 1970.Astoundingly brilliant,the Stones wanted him in 1969 when Brian Jones died and later when Mick Taylor left before Ronnie Wood joined.Shame the Guinness got him.

Saw Gallagher many times from 1972 through to about 1979 (when Ted McKenna was on drums). Class. A couple of years ago I went to see the Gallagher sculpture in Cork, Crowley's music shop (now a burger bar) where he bought the Strat and Rory's grave not far out of the city. On a business trip, I didn't go all that way just for rock nostalgia.

I wish I'd seen Wishbone Ash in their heyday. I've seen "Martin Turner plays the music of Wishbone Ash" in recent years, but I wouldn't pay money to see "Andy Powell thinks he is the real Wishbone Ash because a judge said so". As the bald bastard never comes to the UK anyway, it's not an issue

Thin Lizzy was a legend I missed, but I guess it would be a bit teeny, with girls throwing their knickers and swooning all over the place.

I'd like to see Walter Trout, Warren Haynes, Keb'Mo and Mike Zito, but they're all still going so it could happen.
Television when they toured in the late 70s. Usually got tickets from the Odeon box office but for some reason they were only available by post and me and a mate decided we couldn’t be bothered.

After they had sold out, I saw their little known support band appear on ToTP - Blondie.