Universal Credit
(08-04-2020, 09:10 AM)JOK Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 11:23 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 11:12 AM)JOK Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 09:24 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Report here

I’m expecting some random blog link to how Bulgaria treats those who are for example disabled in response.
That only happens when you make ridiculous and provably baseless statements about how the U.K. treats it’s disabled worse than any other E.U. member state.

Good job I’ve never said that then. If you do quote me in response please link directly to the thread.
As per your request, Here you go: 

“Funny how the other EU member states manage to have much fairer, more caring societies. “. 

“You say we looked after the vulnerable before the EU, like throwing the disabled into awful residential homes, shaming and treating gay people appallingly and rampant racism? Hmm

I loved the way you, in your following post, totally ignored my comprehensive, fact filled reply which totally debunked your false and defamatory assertions and sidestepped it with a petty dig at me using one incorrect homonym.
As for you denying writing something you plainly did, can I point out that in the second snippet you credited me with a statement I didn’t make; we looked after the vulnerable before the EU’! I had actually written that the UK had been at the forefront of reforms and enlightened attitudes towards such groups, I never used the phrase 'we looked after'. 

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread....973&page=3

So. if you are going to have a dig at me, as in your op, make sure you use the correct ammunition and have a defence first.
I'm expecting a thread deletion!

Here’s what you have quoted.

Funny how the other EU member states manage to have much fairer, more caring societies. “. 

Here’s what was actually written...verbatim 

Arf you’ve just completely defeated your own argument for Brexit. Bemoaning our national governments records on all the points I’ve made. I thought we had no control of these things? Funny how other EU member states manage to have a much fairer, more caring societies.

So in short I never did say (to my knowledge) “U.K. treats it’s disabled worse than any other E.U. member state.” What you typed above is misquoted and implies I said all states when I said other EU states. A statement I stand by. It’s a subtle difference but the wording makes a big difference to how it reads. I would never have said countries such as Hungary for example would have similar care for their vulnerable, which is something I have regularly pulled your leg over when you find obscure items on the web to prove your point. 

So unless I have missed another reply that says what you have written then I think you’re mistaken but happy to be proven incorrect and will retract the statement I made on that thread and apologise.

You say we looked after the vulnerable before the EU, like throwing the disabled into awful residential homes, shaming and treating gay people appallingly and rampant racism? Hmm “

I believe we did treat vulnerable people before and after we joined the EU badly, which was the point because the discussion at the time was about us not having control of our laws / policies and then it became evident we did.