Most important documentary of modern times
(09-25-2020, 02:08 PM)Squid Wrote: Saying young people are more anxious now, IMO it's because nobody has feelings any more, nobody is sad or worried, everything is labelled as a mental health issue. It is not normal to feel happy all the time, it's ok to have ups and downs, but that's not the message young people are hearing.

Completely agree. Everything has to be labelled

(09-25-2020, 02:08 PM)Squid Wrote: Saying young people are more anxious now, IMO it's because nobody has feelings any more, nobody is sad or worried, everything is labelled as a mental health issue. It is not normal to feel happy all the time, it's ok to have ups and downs, but that's not the message young people are hearing.

Being an Albion fan I know the feeling all too well.

Yeah like having social anxiety. I suffered terribly with that for years when it came to trying to to chat up girls

Meera Syal wrote a book called 'Life's Not All Ha Ha He He'. I've never read it but I remember seeing her interviewed about it years ago and she said it was something her grandmother used to say. While we are certainly better off living in a world in which people can be open about the issues they are facing and the way they are feeling, I do think there's sometimes a lack of resilience/perspective these days. If the government passed a law requring all new born babies to support WBA FC, this would soon help create a resilient population and we'd eventually be a much happier country as a result!
(09-25-2020, 02:40 PM)steviedm Wrote:

Meera Syal wrote a book called 'Life's Not All Ha Ha He He'. I've never read it but I remember seeing her interviewed about it years ago and she said it was something her grandmother used to say. While we are certainly better off living in a world in which people can be open about the issues they are facing and the way they are feeling, I do think there's sometimes a lack of resilience/perspective these days. If the government passed a law requring all new born babies to support WBA FC, this would soon help create a resilient population and we'd eventually be a much happier country as a result!

I think that is what being Albion shows. Life is ups and downs. We have shit, but it's part of life and not recognising it as such is bad for us all.

This I entirely agree with. Normal everyday parts of growing up, like exam stress for instance, can be diagnosed as a cause for anxiety. Yeah we all get anxious over exams. You sit the exam and the anxiety goes away. Glaxo make fuck all money that way but hey ho.
(09-25-2020, 02:40 PM)steviedm Wrote:

We would finally get that second tier if that happened.