HRK arm broken
Zohore 3 in 15 appearances (4 in 17 if cups are counted) .... HRK 10 in 39....(10 in 41 if cups are included)

So they're both around 1 goal per 4 games, if cups are included.
(10-06-2020, 09:26 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 09:09 AM)billybassett Wrote: In some respects I'd prefer Zohore to be kept and Kanu shipped out. Kanu has a record of general dismality, Zohore who knows maybe he could turn up..

How many goals did Zohore score last season? How many did HRK score?

I know I take your point.

Kanu 24 starts +15 subs 10 goals
Zohore 5 starts + 12 subs 3 goals

Probably not that much difference. Who knows and Zohore was probably an arse in training or fell out with Bilic like Grozicki

Kanu is not the future, Zohore almost certainly isn't but given the circumstances many be desperate measures and all that.
(10-06-2020, 09:26 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Sensible option. Sign Grant. Sign Deeney on loan. Release Austin and Zohore 
Option we will take. Keep Austin and Zohore. Both who struggled at a lower level in the Championship
Easy int it?

That’s four players, four agents, four families and five clubs have all got to line up for such a thing to happen. And they all will, of course, because some Albion fans are ‘angry’ and want it to happen. Rolleyes
(10-06-2020, 09:09 AM)billybassett Wrote: In some respects I'd prefer Zohore to be kept and Kanu shipped out. Kanu has a record of general dismality, Zohore who knows maybe he could turn up..

He was the main reason Cardiff got promoted but didn't have a successful season in the Prem (injured a fair bit).   Don't know why he's not worked here as he's a better player than Kanu and Austin.   I wouldn't have thought there's any way back for him but you never know. 

Not a major issue for the next 2/3 weeks as the next game isn't until after the window closes and we will get strikers in though when they be ready to start is anyone's guess.  Hopefully Grant is keeping himself in the best shape he possibly can.  Deeney is back in the Watford squad (but not fit) but not Grant.   Unfortunately 25% of the season will be over by the time we get up to speed.
As the saying goes:

If Kanu is the answer then you're asking the wrong question.

Should have been bombed out after the Derby game end of 2019 season for his pathetic petulance that got him a 3 match ban, when we were already 3 down in the 90th minute.

Never been good enough, has the odd moment of brilliance, and had a little purple patch last season before turning back to shit. Proof that form is temporary and class is permanent. Shouldn't be near the squad let alone getting game time.
Zohore’s effort that hit the bar at Brentford was a glimpse - a tiny one I admit - of what he’s capable of. It does worry me that Bilic has this tendency to just write players off. When they’re being paid a million a year it’s worth investing some time surely
HRK - 1 goal every 231 mins
Zohore - 1 goal every 217 mins

Both had a pen in there too.

I like Zohore and would prefer him off the bench than Austin in this league. He was a handful and made things happen when he came on... but appreciate he’s not good enough.

He’s 4 years younger than HRK, on a hefty contract so it makes no sense to freeze him out as if we go down, he’s proven at Cardiff he can have an impact at that level... he’s won promotion twice!
Zohore is frustrating for me as he has all the attributes to be a player (big, strong, quick etc) yet seems to lack belief and aggression.
(10-06-2020, 01:03 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: As the saying goes:

If Kanu is the answer then you're asking the wrong question.

Should have been bombed out after the Derby game end of 2019 season for his pathetic petulance that got him a 3 match ban, when we were already 3 down in the 90th minute.

Never been good enough, has the odd moment of brilliance, and had a little purple patch last season before turning back to shit.  Proof that form is temporary and class is permanent.  Shouldn't be near the squad let alone getting game time.

He's what I expected, ok as a short term signing and back up in the championship but that's his limit.
(10-06-2020, 09:26 AM)Dumbo Wrote:

How many goals did Zohore score last season? How many did HRK score?

Starts Goals Subs Goal/ratio to starts

Zohore 6 5 14 0.83
Austin 22 11 16 0.5
Kanu 24 10 15 0.41
Diangana 24 8 7 0.33
Phillips 32 8 9 0.25
Pereira 38 8 5 0.21