HRK arm broken
(10-06-2020, 02:06 PM)Peachy Wrote: Zohore is frustrating for me as he has all the attributes to be a player (big, strong, quick etc) yet seems to lack belief and aggression.

Unfortunately Zohore's game plan appears to be stand next to the centre half all match
Zohore is as much the answer as I am.
FFS did anyone open their eyes when he was playing?
Take your eyes off the goals per minute/starts as sub etc etc and watch the game!!
He is pure unadulterated crap.
I understand we are as desperate for a striker as those defending HRK are showing, but we need to look elsewhere - anywhere - even the tea lady because he will not make it as long as he has a hole in his arse.
(10-06-2020, 03:11 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 02:06 PM)Peachy Wrote: Zohore is frustrating for me as he has all the attributes to be a player (big, strong, quick etc) yet seems to lack belief and aggression.

Unfortunately Zohore's game plan appears to be stand next to the centre half all match

Cardiff played a counter-attacking game and many of his goals were through balls for him to run onto. 

By the time Sawyers has spun round on his arse 4 times unfortunately the opposition defence are back in place.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcEkw-WB7g

Actually take the time to look at what he did albeit at Championship level.
Fair play to him for carrying on and hope he recovers well but I won't miss seeing him on the pitch.
(10-06-2020, 03:04 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 09:26 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 09:09 AM)billybassett Wrote: In some respects I'd prefer Zohore to be kept and Kanu shipped out. Kanu has a record of general dismality, Zohore who knows maybe he could turn up..

How many goals did Zohore score last season? How many did HRK score?

Starts    Goals  Subs    Goal/ratio to starts

Zohore            6          5      14              0.83
Austin            22        11      16              0.5
Kanu            24          10      15            0.41
Diangana      24          8        7            0.33 
Phillips          32            8        9            0.25
Pereira          38            8        5            0.21

The right way to do this is to go by minutes played by each player. The way you are doing it above, you are equating all appearances to be the same. If someone starts and plays 80 minutes, and then a sub comes on for 10, that is a big difference. Same thing on just subs, a 30 minute appearance is a lot better than a 10 minute. When you look at the actual minutes played by each player, which means the actual time each spent on the pitch, you get a very different answer.
(10-06-2020, 09:26 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Sensible option. Sign Grant. Sign Deeney on loan. Release Austin and Zohore 
Option we will take. Keep Austin and Zohore. Both who struggled at a lower level in the Championship

Both will go, no way back.  Grosicki too, despite his 'I'm staying' bluff & bluster yesterday.

There are a number of realistic options.  Keep the faith.  

We will need to sign two strikers as Kanu will be out til the new year.
The bloke played for us for 20 minutes with a broken arm and all people can do is slag him off?

We'll be complaining about mercenaries who care nothing for the club shortly.
(10-06-2020, 04:46 PM)scotbaggie Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 09:09 AM)billybassett Wrote: In some respects I'd prefer Zohore to be kept and Kanu shipped out. Kanu has a record of general dismality, Zohore who knows maybe he could turn up..

The right way to do this is to go by minutes played by each player. The way you are doing it above, you are equating all appearances to be the same. If someone starts and plays 80 minutes, and then a sub comes on for 10, that is a big difference. Same thing on just subs, a 30 minute appearance is a lot better than a 10 minute. When you look at the actual minutes played by each player, which means the actual time each spent on the pitch, you get a very different answer.

If Bilic had put faith in him and he'd started as many games as Kanu I believe he'd have scored more goals, we'll never know but he scored more at Cardiff in a season than Kanu has ever scored, last season being his best ever.  

Kanu and Austin chance conversion rate is appalling.  Kanu has always been a non-goalscoring-goalscorer.  Austin used to score a lot but is a busted flush. 

As a Dowling signing,  I assume Zohore was never wanted by Bilic and I do wonder if Kipre will go the same way.   To actually say in an interview that Kipre wasn't a 'prime' target was very poor - how is that meant to motivate him?  Didn't need to say it.
ChamonixBaggie Wrote:Having surgery Wednesday

If clubs didn't know we were desperate for a forward before, they will now

Bloody snake oil that turmeric...
(10-06-2020, 05:33 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 04:46 PM)scotbaggie Wrote:

If Bilic had put faith in him and he'd started as many games as Kanu I believe he'd have scored more goals, we'll never know but he scored more at Cardiff in a season than Kanu has ever scored, last season being his best ever.  

Kanu and Austin chance conversion rate is appalling.  Kanu has always been a non-goalscoring-goalscorer.  Austin used to score a lot but is a busted flush. 

As a Dowling signing,  I assume Zohore was never wanted by Bilic and I do wonder if Kipre will go the same way.   To actually say in an interview that Kipre wasn't a 'prime' target was very poor - how is that meant to motivate him?  Didn't need to say it.

So why didn’t he? Because he’s not good enough. Doesn’t have the attitude or the bollox for it. Cardiff saw us coming. We were hardly blessed up top last season and Ken still couldn’t get on the pitch. That says it all.