Luke Dowling & Slaven Bilic
(12-06-2020, 09:27 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 09:25 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 09:24 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 09:20 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Anyone actually ITK to what there relationship is like?

IMO Bilic needs support. 

Dowling needs to show him he’s our man and offer him a new 12 month contract otherwise we are sleepwalking to relegation

Second hand info - not great. 

Ever since - Diangana issue - that was a PR stunt from LD.  Way too much and meant Slav couldn’t get others.  Goalkeeper issue (he didn’t want Button. He wanted a no.1) kipre - didn’t want him. Made that clear in presser.

Who did Bilic want?

If he didn’t want Button and Kipré - why were they signed?

Kipre was Dowling - make money out of admin situation at wigan. 

Keeper I have the name - went to a massive club abroad but wanted prem league and Slav had good relationship with him.... it’ll come to me

Ivo Grbic.

Went to Atletico Madrid.
ivo-grbic
(12-06-2020, 09:28 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 09:20 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Anyone actually ITK to what there relationship is like?

IMO Bilic needs support. 

Dowling needs to show him he’s our man and offer him a new 12 month contract otherwise we are sleepwalking to relegation

Ever since - Diangana issue - that was a PR stunt from LD.  Way too much and meant Slav couldn’t get others.  Goalkeeper issue (he didn’t want Button. He wanted a no.1) kipre - didn’t want him. Made that clear in presser.

Who did Bilic want?

Keeper I have the name - went to a massive club abroad but wanted prem league and Slav had good relationship with him.... it’ll come to me

Ivo Grbic?

That’s him. Whether he’d have actually come is another matter but he was very keen on him
(12-06-2020, 09:27 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 09:24 PM)strawman Wrote:

IMO Bilic needs support. 

And exactly why would a new contract make a difference ?

Are you suggesting he doesn't care because his contract isn't long enough

I’m suggesting the players will be aware he’s got less than 6m remaining on his current deal.

If we go down - why can’t we keep Slaven? Build and come back again?

See Farke at Norwich. Also Bilic got us up in 1 year and not 2 like Bielsa.

Right so now you seem to suggesting the players will be less arsed because he might leave at the end of the season 

If that's the case the we had best get someone else in now because I sincerely doubt Slav will want a new contract if we get relegated

IMO Bilic needs support. 

Kipre would be at the back for me. It was always clear Bilic didn’t want him but he looked half decent to me in the Wigan games last year and was highly rated. Bilic hasn’t helped himself with his treatment of Kipre, Grosicki and Austin.
(12-06-2020, 10:41 PM)clem4england Wrote:

IMO Bilic needs support. 

Kipre would be at the back for me. It was always clear Bilic didn’t want him but he looked half decent to me in the Wigan games last year and was highly rated. Bilic hasn’t helped himself with his treatment of Kipre, Grosicki and Austin.

Austin doesn’t get near this side even though we’re crap. Can’t run. 
Grosicki - he was a disgrace post lockdown 1
Kipre - no one knows. Only Slav
(12-06-2020, 09:31 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:

IMO Bilic needs support. 

Who did Bilic want?

Ivo Grbic.

Went to Atletico Madrid.
ivo-grbic

Difficult decision for him then.
(12-06-2020, 10:44 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote:

IMO Bilic needs support. 

Add to this signing Peltier and this Summer was a bit shit really wasn’t it.

The Jury’s out on Grant as well. Whose pick was he.

IMO Bilic needs support. 

Agree re Grosicki, Ronnie, and he gives the full back no cover but he is an option on the bench. Austin offers little but knows how to finish. If you are losing 1-0 with 10 left, stick him on and something might drop to him.

(12-06-2020, 10:47 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:

IMO Bilic needs support. 

I don’t think Bilic has much tactical nous but the signings in the summer are what have crippled us. Shocking. Only Gallagher has strengthened us.
(12-06-2020, 10:54 PM)clem4england Wrote:

IMO Bilic needs support. 

Agree re Grosicki, Ronnie, and he gives the full back no cover but he is an option on the bench. Austin offers little but knows how to finish. If you are losing 1-0 with 10 left, stick him on and something might drop to him.

(12-06-2020, 10:47 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 09:24 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: Second hand info - not great. 

I don’t think Bilic has much tactical nous but the signings in the summer are what have crippled us. Shocking. Only Gallagher has strengthened us.

It was a pathetic window.

The same side which limped over the line with a pathetic striker.

Agree about Gallagher - shame we have to give him back!
Slav wanted Grant.

A GK would have been a waste of money, Johnstone is perfectly adequate. We've also doubled his value (at least!) by giving him a good run in the PL. Doubt Slav's choice would have picked us over Athletico Madrid.

Kipre worked his backside off to try to keep Wigan in the Championship and were it not for the club going into admin, he'd have succeeded. It's a disgrace the way Slav has treated him.

Everything West Ham fans have said about him has come true. Stop blaming everyone else.