What’s a loan manager?
(12-07-2020, 04:30 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(12-07-2020, 02:02 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Is it just me who finds this idea of "if Terry becomes manager I'm not supporting us anymore" a bit OTT.

Don't get me wrong I can't stand him and he's just about bottom of the list of managers I'd want, but stopping supporting Albion over an employee who would probably be there about a year? Really?

There's probably been other players over the years who have been just as bigger tossers as Terry. As I say, I can't think of anyone I would want less as manager. But stop supporting Albion because of it? OTT IMO.

Name them?

I was annoyed we even considered appointing Pardew, JT is even worse. There seems to be a view in the media that we should be appointing London wide boys as managers!

I guess Lee Hughes could be described as one?

I agree that JT is worse than Pardew, he's literally bottom of the list of managers I'd want, as I said. I was only questioning whether his appointment would really mean people would stop supporting us? That's all.
(12-07-2020, 01:52 PM)Xitan Wrote: Something in The Daily Mail about Paul Terry ( brother of John) breaking FA gambling rules. He is our loan manager whatever that is

he may be a model professional (clearly not!) but to appoint someone who has close ties with our main rival...Mmmm not sure.....blood thicker than water and all that...

(12-07-2020, 02:02 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: Is it just me who finds this idea of "if Terry becomes manager I'm not supporting us anymore" a bit OTT.

Don't get me wrong I can't stand him and he's just about bottom of the list of managers I'd want, but stopping supporting Albion over an employee who would probably be there about a year? Really?

There's probably been other players over the years who have been just as bigger tossers as Terry. As I say, I can't think of anyone I would want less as manager. But stop supporting Albion because of it? OTT IMO.

Name them?

I was annoyed we even considered appointing Pardew, JT is even worse. There seems to be a view in the media that we should be appointing London wide boys as managers!

Greasy?   Big Grin

(12-07-2020, 05:23 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Name them?

I agree that JT is worse than Pardew, he's literally bottom of the list of managers I'd want, as I said. I was only questioning whether his appointment would really mean people would stop supporting us? That's all.

Ryan Giggs.  Dodgy
(12-07-2020, 05:23 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Name them?

I could never stop supporting the Albion it's part of me, but I would certainly consider withdrawing my support for the period.