Racist Incident in PSG Game
(12-09-2020, 04:48 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: I do remember a girl complain about the rest of her office having packets of biscuits on their desks. It funnily enough coincided with her stopping eating biscuits with her coffee at work due to going on a diet.

Was she a fat fucker? And ugly?
(12-09-2020, 04:59 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 03:36 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 02:24 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 11:10 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: You telling me there is no other way to describe who you're talking about without having to point to the colour of their skin?

For a start, players have numbers on their shirts, it's not Sunday league the officials would have known the players names. Cultural or not, the players did the right thing in walking off.

It wasn't a player it was a coach who had no number and obviously the official had no idea of his name.

And surely colour of the skin is the easiest part to pick someone out if the rest of the people on the sideline have white skin? It would seem ridiculous not too. 

Demba Ba's argument how people wouldn't refer to a person as the white man is nonsense too. I've heard that many times by Black people and Asians.

Its just people being oversensitive and seeing something that's not there.

It's also hilarious to see people lecture John Barnes on twitter about why it was wrong, after everything he has been through in the game. He's been there and seen it. He thinks there was nothing wrong. Yet a bunch of white people will tell him otherwise. The world's gone nuts. Some people really need to get a fucking grip.

If the person who was addressed felt it was racist, then guess what, it's racist.

Wow Ted Maul. Top prize for the most ridiculous post- staggeringly so.
Maybe the person is a hypersensitive prick in the eyes of common sense. Have you thought of that?
How about the tale of me working in the tax office in the 80s when the West Indian woman who was the laziest person I ever worked with played the race card every time whenever she was confronted about being bone idle.
It all changed when she got a 6ft 4 no nonsense Somen Tchoyi lookalike as our boss and he called her out for her uselessness. She was off sick within a month and when she came back she started actually contributing.

If when addressing a person you mention their race and they take offence, then it's up to you to understand why. Same goes when discussing sexuality with a member of the LGBTQ community, if they say you've been homophobic the chances are, you have. 

The only people being hypersensitive are the gammons moaning about young black folks kneeling down.
(12-09-2020, 06:16 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 11:10 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: You telling me there is no other way to describe who you're talking about without having to point to the colour of their skin?

For a start, players have numbers on their shirts, it's not Sunday league the officials would have known the players names. Cultural or not, the players did the right thing in walking off.

It wasn't a player it was a coach who had no number and obviously the official had no idea of his name.

And surely colour of the skin is the easiest part to pick someone out if the rest of the people on the sideline have white skin? It would seem ridiculous not too. 

Demba Ba's argument how people wouldn't refer to a person as the white man is nonsense too. I've heard that many times by Black people and Asians.

It's also hilarious to see people lecture John Barnes on twitter about why it was wrong, after everything he has been through in the game. He's been there and seen it. He thinks there was nothing wrong. Yet a bunch of white people will tell him otherwise. The world's gone nuts. Some people really need to get a fucking grip.

If the person who was addressed felt it was racist, then guess what, it's racist.

Maybe the person is a hypersensitive prick in the eyes of common sense. Have you thought of that?
How about the tale of me working in the tax office in the 80s when the West Indian woman who was the laziest person I ever worked with played the race card every time whenever she was confronted about being bone idle.
It all changed when she got a 6ft 4 no nonsense Somen Tchoyi lookalike as our boss and he called her out for her uselessness. She was off sick within a month and when she came back she started actually contributing.

If when addressing a person you mention their race and they take offence, then it's up to you to understand why. Same goes when discussing sexuality with a member of the LGBTQ community, if they say you've been homophobic the chances are, you have. 

The only people being hypersensitive are the gammons moaning about young black folks kneeling down.

Maybe it should be up to a group of fair balanced people of that ethnic background to work out if they are being oversensitive. The fellow black people I worked with those many years ago said they hated it when this lady from Trinidad played the race card. 
As ever, we all continually walk on eggshells when most of us are tolerant. 
It's the touchy feely thing as ever.
(12-09-2020, 06:15 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 04:48 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: I do remember a girl complain about the rest of her office having packets of biscuits on their desks. It funnily enough coincided with her stopping eating biscuits with her coffee at work due to going on a diet.

Don't try tarring me with your fattisms and uglisms brush. She was a lovely member of the human race with a fair old arse on her
(12-09-2020, 06:46 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Don't try tarring me with your fattisms and uglisms brush. She was a lovely member of the human race with a fair old arse on her

Big Grin

Fair enough.
(12-09-2020, 06:48 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Big Grin

Fair enough.

She didn't work in a chippy though
(12-09-2020, 06:27 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 02:24 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: It wasn't a player it was a coach who had no number and obviously the official had no idea of his name.

Maybe it should be up to a group of fair balanced people of that ethnic background to work out if they are being oversensitive. The fellow black people I worked with those many years ago said they hated it when this lady from Trinidad played the race card. 
As ever, we all continually walk on eggshells when most of us are tolerant. 
It's the touchy feely thing as ever.

Can't say I feel as though I walk on egg shells. It's really not that difficult.
(12-09-2020, 06:52 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 06:48 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Big Grin

Fair enough.

She didn't work in a chippy though

Subject of which I had some from Victoria in Owen street the other day - very nice indeed.

Ah fair enough, I thought it had been said regarding Ba, which would have been a silly thing to do.

There are people out there who play the race card and it undermines race relations, just like false accusations of racism.  None of it harms relations as much as people being racist and often the few that play/claim racism are used by the right wing as propaganda.

The old stuff about they can’t speak the language, they’re not as clever as us, they’re taking all our jobs, you can’t celebrate xmas, you’re not allowed to eat pork, Peppa pig offends them and all sorts of other shite.

If they can’t speak the language and aren’t as clever as you then you must be shit at your job if they’ve managed to rob you of it.

It’s bred from power, white males in this country have the power.  It’s why sexism is still endemic in this country and so is racism.  Not necessarily in every day interactions of life, the days of people being openly abused in the street have pretty much gone as have bananas at football games. It’s more nuanced, more subtle but it’s still there and probably always will be.

Positive discrimination (choosing from an all black& or female) list doesn’t help in the long term, but it’s that type of thing we may need to accept in the short term to change the power balance.

After last nights discussions on the lovely anti-Marxists of south London that’s me done on this thread.
滚开赖

Gammons how very racist of you