Sam on Squealish yesterday
(12-23-2020, 11:53 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 09:46 AM)Olympic Wrote: So many reactionary opinions on here it’s unbelievable. Both Livermore and Sawyers were fantastic against Man City yet less then a week later some guy is calling for Sawyers never to play for us again and now Livermore is being slated despite being one of our best performers last season and going up against much higher quality this season.

Livermore, was not one of our best performers last season. It just so happens that a lot of our fans are sucked in my running around a lot, giving the ball away and conceding cheap free kicks trying to atone for errors.

In some people's mind that equates to putting "steel" into the midfield. His two main issues are that 1) he's not mobile enough for the Prem (you only get away with that if you are someone like Pirlo) and 2) his takes too long to move the ball. It's just about passable in the division below but not this one.
Livermore was very good at times last season.

However not done well this season, and Sunday night was q disaster.
If you’re a fan offended by Sam’s comments it just shows how much of a snowflake society we’ve become.

Livermore needed calling out. No time for pampering rubbish like that
Grealish is a great player (just a ++++)

When it comes to what goes on at the training ground... it’ll be very different IF the players pull their weight.  If they don’t they should rightly be called out in the first instance and if it persists, then get bombed out the club.
(12-23-2020, 12:04 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: If you’re a fan offended by Sam’s comments it just shows how much of a snowflake society we’ve become.

When it comes to what goes on at the training ground... it’ll be very different IF the players pull their weight.  If they don’t they should rightly be called out in the first instance and if it persists, then get bombed out the club.
Spot we haven't got the time to indulge or carry primadonas or slackers if they are not prepared to pull their fingers out and take on board whats being asked of them, ship them out.
I'd imagine Squealing would be an inevitable consequence should Big Sam have been on Rag Doll Jack as the thread title suggests.... the thought of it, I don't feel very well all of a sudden.
(12-23-2020, 12:03 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Livermore was very good at times last season.

However not done well this season, and Sunday night was q disaster.

Exactly. He has not done anything to convince at this level this season.
Livermore can be very good sometimes. I don’t think he’ll sulk at Sam’s comments and just get on with it.
Hopefully, he will get back to how good he can be.
(12-23-2020, 12:04 PM)RonnieWallwork Wrote: If you’re a fan offended by Sam’s comments it just shows how much of a snowflake society we’ve become.

Not offended by his comments, I think Livermore deserves a right old fashioned bollocking.

It's the grealish praise I don't like. Unnecessary and inflammatory.