If, Rangers FC...
(03-06-2021, 10:43 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:33 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:15 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:11 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 09:21 PM)Ossian Wrote: If you correct that before Hudds spots it I'll delete this post and we can pretend it never happened.

I didn't here that.

Day ya?

No, ah day.  Cor yo understond Engliish?

Ah day?

Arr day, mi Mon!

Was chatting to my lad and we were doing black country translation and one of our favourites was Sweet Shop! He didn't believe me that yead was head. And an old Tipton saying to wish someone a safe journey was/is keep/stay aaht the oss road.

Good stuff.

Suck shap. My mom used to say chep boiled suck (ha'penny suck) was "edge off the rock mon's saw".

I think the "oss road" expression might mean to keep out the oss' road (keep out of the horse's/horses' way).  But who is to say?

Yower kid day know that head is yed?  Weer's 'e bin?  Eton?
(03-06-2021, 11:05 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:43 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:33 PM)hudds Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:15 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:11 PM)hudds Wrote: I didn't here that.

Day ya?

No, ah day.  Cor yo understond Engliish?

Ah day?

Arr day, mi Mon!

Was chatting to my lad and we were doing black country translation and one of our favourites was Sweet Shop! He didn't believe me that yead was head. And an old Tipton saying to wish someone a safe journey was/is keep/stay aaht the oss road.

Good stuff.

Suck shap. My mom used to say chep boiled suck (ha'penny suck) was "edge off the rock mon's saw".

I think the "oss road" expression might mean to keep out the oss' road (keep out of the horse's/horses' way).  But who is to say?

Yower kid day know that head is yed?  Weer's 'e bin?  Eton?

It basically means Stay Safe. You're right. I don't think footpaths were a big thing way back when.

Ocker Hill Infants and Junior. Thay ay got no idea these days!
(03-06-2021, 06:16 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: win their first ever Scottish Premiership tomorrow, they'll be just the one behind Dumbarton.

Idiotic logic.

It's a ridiculous take, that a football club is no more than the current corporate vehicle which owns its assets. It's a very post-1992/96, nouveau fan approach.

This 'logic' would dictate that, if Manchester United's assets were transferred into a new incorporated body and the previous corporate vehicle dissolved, they start with a blank honours list.

Utterly absurd.
(03-06-2021, 06:58 PM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: Gerrard has done a great job at Rangers....I was listening to his interview on the High Performance Podcast and I think he will be a very successful manager/coach

Don't you mean High Pitched Podcast?
(03-06-2021, 06:16 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: win their first ever Scottish Premiership tomorrow, they'll be just the one behind Dumbarton.

Looks for the clutching at straws image........

WATP

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Thing that always makes me laugh about Celtic and Rangers is you have one group who are desperate to be Irish and another who are desperate to be English... yet nobody wants to be Scottish.

I find English people who take a strong interest in either a little odd too.
(03-07-2021, 11:08 AM)Duffers Wrote: Thing that always makes me laugh about Celtic and Rangers is you have one group who are desperate to be Irish and another who are desperate to be English... yet nobody wants to be Scottish.

I find English people who take a strong interest in either a little odd too.

Spot on. Odd.
Never understand how people support another team in another country. Both loathsome clubs in an irrelevant league where most of the teams would be beaten by League 1 teams.
Mate of mine at uni from Glasgow was a Thistle fan out of choice, because he thought they were all wankers! Even though his Dad played for Rangers.

Always kept an eye out for the mighty Jags as a result. Even though they ain’t so mighty at present. Still, fair play to him.
Rangers are officially champions.