2021 Holidays
Apart from a trip to B71 next Wednesday, nowhere.
(05-13-2021, 03:19 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Apart from a trip to B71 next Wednesday, nowhere.

I thought you were already onthebeach.com ?
Kept postponing Tenerife, eventually decided to forget it. Going to Forest of Dean in Sept instead.
As things stand we'll be going where we went last year. The back garden when the sun's out. Hoping to do a few beer gardens over the summer months with a view to a possible long weekend in Brixham around August or September time. I know, all very rock and roll even in a (hopefully) post Covid world. Great to have something to look forward to......
This year I will mostly be staying in England.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
I’ve just been doing a bit of research and the costs for travelling to a country on the amber list

1. Take a Covid test before returning to the UK. No idea of the cost
2. Quarantine at home for 10 days
3 Take two Covid tests during the 10 day quarantine £160 per person

Being fully vaccinated counts for fuck all for returning to the UK

Fuck that!!!

Why the need for the Covid tests during quarantine if people are in isolation for 10 days?

Hope the situation has changed by September, else

1. I won’t be going away this year
2. The travel industry will be fucked even more so.
Week in New Quay, Wales last week in May - Mates static caravan = Dirt Cheap.
Week in Port Isaac first week in July - house for the whole family = eye wateringly expensive.
Two long weekends in Hotels - Torquay and Bournemouth. Cancellations from last year (Secret Escape packages). Already paid for last year so seem like free!

A couple of weeks left over for September/ October time where like The Baggies we will monitor the situation and probably miss out.
(05-13-2021, 03:14 PM)Ossian Wrote: Our usual cottage in Rothiemurchus Forest is changing hands and unavailable for this year; hopefully it will resurface as a holiday let during 2022. So it's a year to try a few new spots, whether we like it or not, the first of which will be Drumnadrochit near the north western end of Loch Ness and very handy for Glen Affric. Then on to a couple of spots a bit nearer to our regular haunts but also a little closer to the Moray coast.

If our experience is any guide, availability in 2021 will be tight and prices inflated; fair enough - the tourist sector has had a bashing these last 15 months. Hopefully those exploring the highlands for the first time will enjoy it as a one-off but not necessarily as a place to return to year on year.

And mid-Wales for a few days at the back end of May, then work out if we're sufficiently solvent for something in the autumn.

My missus's aunt lives in Drumnadrochit and she's a total mentalist! Avoid any ageing happies with wild, staring eyes!

If you find yourself near Aviemore you can say hello to my friend Anna behind the bar in the Old Bridge. Looking forward to getting back to that neck of the woods when we move to Scotland this summer. 

Me and 12 mates have booked a villa in the Dordogne for a week and we're driving down on Saturday Big Grin Wine tours and kayaking planned. 

FWIW my company (TUI) are planning for summer to run as normal starting in June but that could all change obviously.
(05-13-2021, 04:28 PM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 03:14 PM)Ossian Wrote: Our usual cottage in Rothiemurchus Forest is changing hands and unavailable for this year; hopefully it will resurface as a holiday let during 2022. So it's a year to try a few new spots, whether we like it or not, the first of which will be Drumnadrochit near the north western end of Loch Ness and very handy for Glen Affric. Then on to a couple of spots a bit nearer to our regular haunts but also a little closer to the Moray coast.

If our experience is any guide, availability in 2021 will be tight and prices inflated; fair enough - the tourist sector has had a bashing these last 15 months. Hopefully those exploring the highlands for the first time will enjoy it as a one-off but not necessarily as a place to return to year on year.

And mid-Wales for a few days at the back end of May, then work out if we're sufficiently solvent for something in the autumn.

My missus's aunt lives in Drumnadrochit and she's a total mentalist! Avoid any ageing happies with wild, staring eyes!

If you find yourself near Aviemore you can say hello to my friend Anna behind the bar in the Old Bridge. Looking forward to getting back to that neck of the woods when we move to Scotland this summer. 

Me and 12 mates have booked a villa in the Dordogne for a week and we're driving down on Saturday Big Grin Wine tours and kayaking planned. 

FWIW my company (TUI) are planning for summer to run as normal starting in June but that could all change obviously.

Chunnel or Ferry ?
Road from Chamonix?