What do we think is actually going on with our managerial hunt?
(06-08-2021, 02:57 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 12:30 PM)MrFizz Wrote: We've mislaid the carrier Pigeon. Just trying to fire up the Telegram machine as we speak.......

Does anyone know how to do Morse Code?

dit dit dit
daaaar daaaar daaaar
dit dit dit
(06-08-2021, 02:59 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 01:10 PM)lemon Wrote: I'm feeling relatively calm about it but also amused as the England game gets ever closer to kick off and we fear another AFI moment!

Chill your bones, it's gonna be Dave Jones!

Is Dave Jones bringing in Mickey Dolenz as his assistant?

I’m a Believer.
June's always quiet. And I don't think any of the several clubs looking for a new manager have appointed, despite rumours.
I'm glad they're taking their time and- I hope - doing the job properly.
Before appointing Appleton.
(06-08-2021, 01:45 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 01:28 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 01:17 PM)ghanaian_baggie Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 12:50 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I still think it'll be Wilder, and logically he's the best choice.

Just can't remove my nagging doubt about him, which has no basis really.

"No basis" - Although Wilder does appear to be the most likely to be appointed, there are a few things that provide some doubts:
1. Swopping Robinson for Burke
2. I get the impression from those more knowledgeable than me, that player recruitment has been a weakness over the last 12 months or so
3. Sheffield Utd during 2020/21 

Judge Wilder just on the last 12 months, and I don't think he would be in the running?

1. He couldn't fit Robinson into his team, he thought he could sort Burke, I can understand that.

2. Not a big issue with us overall. He won't have that level of control.

3. His first bad year in his career.

Add into that he was without Berge for the majority of the season and O’Connell for the whole year and it tells a story - without doubt their two best players last time round.

I have reservations around some of the signings he made - particularly the ability to spent £50m on Mousset, Brewster and McBurnie only for David McGoldrick to start and out score them!!!

Mousset (who I think is a good player) was also injured for the majority of the season. 
McBurnie scored 22 championship goal in 2018/19 so he will cost money.
Brewster scored 10 in 20 for Swansea in Champiobship so will cost money.

Whilst it was his choice to sign Ramsdale, he’s not quite as good as Dean Henderson. That’s 2 relegations in a row for Ramsdale. He’s really not that good!
The next Nigel Quashie.
(06-08-2021, 03:07 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 01:17 PM)ghanaian_baggie Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 12:50 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I still think it'll be Wilder, and logically he's the best choice.

Just can't remove my nagging doubt about him, which has no basis really.

"No basis" - Although Wilder does appear to be the most likely to be appointed, there are a few things that provide some doubts:
2. I get the impression from those more knowledgeable than me, that player recruitment has been a weakness over the last 12 months or so

Judge Wilder just on the last 12 months, and I don't think he would be in the running?

1. He couldn't fit Robinson into his team, he thought he could sort Burke, I can understand that.

Add into that he was without Berge for the majority of the season and O’Connell for the whole year and it tells a story - without doubt their two best players last time round.

I have reservations around some of the signings he made - particularly the ability to spent £50m on Mousset, Brewster and McBurnie only for David McGoldrick to start and out score them!!!

Mousset (who I think is a good player) was also injured for the majority of the season. 

Whilst it was his choice to sign Ramsdale, he’s not quite as good as Dean Henderson. That’s 2 relegations in a row for Ramsdale. He’s really not that good!

McBurnie never looked like a top level footballer to me and sort of proved it this season.
(06-08-2021, 03:04 PM)JOK Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 02:59 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 01:10 PM)lemon Wrote: I'm feeling relatively calm about it but also amused as the England game gets ever closer to kick off and we fear another AFI moment!

Chill your bones, it's gonna be Dave Jones!

Is Dave Jones bringing in Mickey Dolenz as his assistant?

I’m a Believer.
I`m sure it`s all just Tork.
We could be waiting for David Wagner's new glasses to arrive, so he can check the small print in the contract. 
100%, not ITK.
(06-08-2021, 03:11 PM)Fido Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 03:07 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 01:17 PM)ghanaian_baggie Wrote: "No basis" - Although Wilder does appear to be the most likely to be appointed, there are a few things that provide some doubts:

McBurnie never looked like a top level footballer to me and sort of proved it this season.

Me neither but when players score so many Championship goals in a season he’s going to command a sizeable fee. Sheff Utd being promoted, they needed a goal scorer and I guess he seemed a good option at the time. He still scored goals, he’s just not quite Premier League level. For sure, they have 2 proven Championship goal scorers in their squad for the coming season.
We made the same error with Car-Loan Grant. But he was only a mere 9 goals from his double-digit target I guess.