Use of Nancy boys.
He seemed to get quite churlish when he was on First Dates.
(06-10-2021, 02:23 PM)Protheroe Wrote: On attending a match with a gay (Tory) friend of mine he was inclined to shout "Come on you boys!"

I did ask him whether that was for encouragement or his personal aspiration. He laughed. Homosexual men have a sense of humour you see. Particularly right wing homosexual men.

Cool story bro.

I'm not getting your point of it.
Some of his best friends are gay.
(06-10-2021, 12:50 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 12:43 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 12:42 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Can we still refer to the England cricket team as Mommy's Little Soldiers or is that being gender presumptuous?

Maybe Parents little soldiers... or some might take umbrage at assuming only mommy cares?

If a mom has a gender reassignment does she become a dad? Supposing she identified as a woman in the first instance that is? This world moves too fast for me at times  Big Grin .

There has been a recent English court case on this very matter. They were told no, as children have to have a mother under the Children Act 1989.

As for Nancy boys, in 2021 there is still not one openly gay or bisexual football in professional men's football in the UK. So there is still work to be done and it's probably time that term was dropped.
(06-10-2021, 02:51 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-10-2021, 02:23 PM)Protheroe Wrote: On attending a match with a gay (Tory) friend of mine he was inclined to shout "Come on you boys!"

I did ask him whether that was for encouragement or his personal aspiration. He laughed. Homosexual men have a sense of humour you see. Particularly right wing homosexual men.

Cool story bro.

I'm not getting your point of it.

I'm not sure the use of the phrase Nancy Boys is as offensive as you may believe. In fact it's exceptionally mild when I think about the slurs most of my gay friends use amongst themselves.
Is this the Placebo effect?

There's a bit of a (massive) difference between joking with a friend and a bunch of random people you've never met before.

It might not be seen as "offensive", but it might make them a bit uncomfortable.
What about Stan Collymore?
(06-10-2021, 04:20 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

There's a bit of a (massive) difference between joking with a friend and a bunch of random people you've never met before.

It might not be seen as "offensive", but it might make them a bit uncomfortable.

I'd imagine there's other things which may make them uncomfortable, and they wouldn't necessarily have to be massive.
(06-10-2021, 04:41 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I'd imagine there's other things which may make them uncomfortable, and they wouldn't necessarily have to be massive.

Angel