Euro Sceptics
Tournaments just aren’t as much fun as they used to be. In days gone by there was very little football on TV so it was exciting for that, foreign players and teams that you’d only ever heard of yet know we can watch them every week and we’re all older. It’s not new and exciting like when you’re 10/11 collecting stickers.

I’ll support England, would have been at games had it not been for the ballot and been to games in Europe watching us in the past. However, it pales into insignificance when compared to the Albion.
滚开赖
(06-10-2021, 10:28 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: I saw England win the World Cup (on the telly). I lived through the following years when our reputation was unravelled by complacency and mediocrity. I seethed throughout the hero worship of Kevin Keegan who was an appalling England captain and later a worse manager. I enjoyed the 1978 World Cup tremendously (without England) only to find out that Argentina had bought their place in the final. Italia 90 and Euro 96 were tremendous. Sven Goran Eriksson made my blood boil - in my opinion a complete fraud who stole a very lucrative living as England coach and stopped me caring whether we won, drew or lost.

I'll try to see some of England's matches, and maybe keep up with what's going on. The days of checking results daily and keeping up with group tables are long gone. It would be great if England could one day restore my enthusiasm. But my simple and unconditional appreciation of these tournaments has gone. Is it old age, is it just that the game isn't so engaging as it was? Who knows?

I think we’re of a similar age I also saw us win the World Cup on tv, I thought our 1970 was better until Banks got crippled, But that’s where our similarities end, I’m very patriotic have been to Wembley new and old to watch England and will watch them through thick and thin. They are second only to the Albion, I’m so football mad I will watch virtually every single Euro match.agree about Ericsson and Capello wasn’t much better Venables put pride back in the England team,but for me Southgate has put has got us thinking we have a chance and the youth we have are incredible probably the best young England side we have ever had.
I had 2 tickets for each of the England vs Croatia and Turkey vs Italy, pot luck after applying for the Wembley through uefa website rather than the England fans way.

When you could return tickets last year I glady had refund for the Turkey game.

Then I lost in the ballot for the England vs Croatia game and got refunded a tenner less than I paid.

I am optimistic about England's chances, but I feel pizza hut Southgate is a very limited manager, and so I think a semi exit awaits.

Hopefully, I am wrong.
Too much scepticism on here. To be honest, I'm looking forward to it and the fair-weather footie fans like my next door neighbour is too. And who can blame all those who jump on the bandwagon despite only knowing Harry Kane?
After all international football at the top level is an even playing field unlike the poison of club football. You are picking the best players in your country rather than assembling global talent from oil money like the Champions League Final, whose two finalists epitomised all that's wrong with modern football.
Regarding England, it's bewildering we've been so poor at international level. However, we actually do have a decent side now- they did surprise us in 2018 and whilst winning it would be the stuff of dreams, to even get to a final would be amazing.
Our stock as a global force has risen so it's exciting times.
I loved Italia 90 and Euro 96 and was a regular at Wembley.

Going to Lisbon for a week and attending the Euro 2004 final showed how much of a sponsor fest it had become, starting with the handouts at the airport.

The failings of the "Golden Generation" was typical Albion to me, but generally speaking I have less interest than ever in England.
In the year or two before lockdown I was going to more England games than Albion.

Obviously it’s much easier for me to get to Wembley than the Hawthorns these days. Plus I get to go with mates who support other club teams, most of the games being evening kick offs help too.

Looking forward to this, mainly because it’s been three years since the last one. But also because I’m finally going to achieve my long held ambitions of going to a major tournament and seeing England at one.
italia 90 to this day remains one of my favourite memories.

flew to tunisia for the final warm up game and then ferry to sardinia.

went to all group games and belgium game.

got some tickets under face value. that was a bit different in france 8 years later!

was definetley going back out for the final in 90 if we had made it.

attached more blame to shilton for the penalties rather than pearce or waddle for some reason.

was lucky enough to be at wembley to see pearce redeem himself against spain in 96.
Would rather watch England play rugby or cricket ( which I'm doing today) gave up bothering with the football team in the 80's after so many let downs.
Will watch the tournament and am looking forward to it.
Never felt the same when watching England as I do whilst watching the Baggies though. Will support England (Mings and Grealish apart,) but won’t feel too upset when we end up being dumped out of the competition.
Hate to sound like Ziz but as much as I detest Grealish normally. No denying he's a prodigal talent that could really have an impact at the Euros.

Hopefully it means someone buys him and Villa struggle next season.