Morgan Rogers
(07-06-2021, 04:09 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 12:42 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 12:38 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: There is a sell on clause in our favour.

I think the sell on clause is only linked to the profit. They bought him for £4m so if they sell for £7m we are probably looking at 20% of £3m.

So £600k for Lai to slip into his bamboo socks....

Can you make socks out of bamboo? I've got shit tonnes in my back garden and it's a fucking nightmare, might get meself on Dragon's Den! Don't worry, I'll cut you in!

This time next year we'll be multi millionaires and will buy out Lai.

Sweet irony. Cool

Don’t panda to some shyster wanting 50% of your business.
(07-06-2021, 12:42 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 12:38 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: There is a sell on clause in our favour.

I think the sell on clause is only linked to the profit. They bought him for £4m so if they sell for £7m we are probably looking at 20% of £3m.

So £600k for Lai to slip into his bamboo socks....

How would he fit that much wonga in a pair of size 4s?
(07-06-2021, 04:09 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 01:22 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Let’s be honest, Rodgers hardly tore up trees at Lincoln last season, and if City are willing to sell him at a loss after 1 season that suggests they’re pretty convinced with regards to his ability… they hardly need the money and with German clubs queuing up to give decent English prospects game time in the Bundesliga there’s no real loss for City in loaning him out again for a year.

It’s a romantic notion that a youngster could come back and lead our attack for the next decade, but if we pay £7m on a player he needs to effectively be our star man - much like Pereira was - not someone who was alright in League One and may we’ll improve over time.

City wouldn't be selling him at a loss. They would be making a 2m profit.

City paid more than £4m for Rogers, quite a bit more… 

In the same way we didn’t pay anywhere near £8m for Zohore… 

The real amounts are far closer to the other way round… at £7m they won’t be making much of a profit!
(07-06-2021, 07:33 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 01:22 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Let’s be honest, Rodgers hardly tore up trees at Lincoln last season, and if City are willing to sell him at a loss after 1 season that suggests they’re pretty convinced with regards to his ability… they hardly need the money and with German clubs queuing up to give decent English prospects game time in the Bundesliga there’s no real loss for City in loaning him out again for a year.

It’s a romantic notion that a youngster could come back and lead our attack for the next decade, but if we pay £7m on a player he needs to effectively be our star man - much like Pereira was - not someone who was alright in League One and may we’ll improve over time.

The real amounts are far closer to the other way round… at £7m they won’t be making much of a profit!

It was stated as £4m at the time rising to 6 with add ons. I can't imagine he's hit many of those triggers as he's not made the a first team game. Either way that's the sort of fee which is fair. They wanted him and paid for him properly. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/...an-rogers/
(07-06-2021, 08:08 PM)Peachy Wrote:

It was stated as £4m at the time rising to 6 with add ons. I can't imagine he's hit many of those triggers as he's not made the a first team game. Either way that's the sort of fee which is fair. They wanted him and paid for him properly. 

The Sun Wink
(07-06-2021, 08:19 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

The Sun Wink

Tbf I pulled the £4m out of the air as I remembered it was the figure at the time that everyone was mentioning. If you have ITK info that it was much more then I bow to your superior knowledge!  Big Grin
(07-06-2021, 08:35 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 08:19 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-06-2021, 04:09 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: City wouldn't be selling him at a loss. They would be making a 2m profit.

The Sun Wink

Tbf I pulled the £4m out of the air as I remembered it was the figure at the time that everyone was mentioning. If you have ITK info that it was much more then I bow to your superior knowledge!  Big Grin

Just a conversation from a while ago that suggested it was a lot more than £4m, and given we’d just paid that to sign Austin, I’d like to think the offer we felt was too good to turn down, given MR was in no way pushing for the move was a little higher than that
Seems early for City to be outing him , most likely won't get a sniff at a rebuilding Palace too .
For all the money he'll earn thats what ...3 seasons of develooment wasted ? .
Bottom line is he isn't ready for the Premier League yet , a season in the 2nd tier is what he needs.
There always seems to be a train of thought that every young prospect who leaves us will turn into a £50m superstar. Few ever do.
(07-07-2021, 08:55 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: There always seems to be a train of thought that every young prospect who leaves us will turn into a £50m superstar. Few ever do.

I think with the way Val is talking and the small squad we have its a great time to be a first year pro at the Albion , I understand the temptation of the big clubs and yes you should be Ok for money for a long time but in terms of developing its a wrong move for me . Has Izzy Brown made over a 100 career appearances yet ?