Morgan Rogers
(07-07-2021, 09:02 AM)Crossbar11 Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 08:55 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: There always seems to be a train of thought that every young prospect who leaves us will turn into a £50m superstar. Few ever do.

I think with the way Val is talking and the small squad we have its a great time to be a first year pro at the Albion , I understand the temptation of the big clubs and yes you should be Ok for money for a long time but in terms of developing its a wrong move for me . Has Izzy Brown made over a 100 career appearances yet ?

Who?
(07-07-2021, 07:08 AM)Crossbar11 Wrote: Seems early for City to be outing him , most likely won't get a sniff at a rebuilding Palace too .
For all the money he'll earn thats what ...3 seasons of develooment wasted ? .
Bottom line is he isn't ready for the Premier League yet , a season in the 2nd tier is what he needs.

They did a similar thing with Sancho.

Didn't mean he was a bad player or wasn't going to make or wasn't ready to play first team football at a high level.
(07-07-2021, 07:08 AM)Crossbar11 Wrote: Seems early for City to be outing him , most likely won't get a sniff at a rebuilding Palace too .
Bottom line is he isn't ready for the Premier League yet , a season in the 2nd tier is what he needs.

They'll put a buyback option in
(07-07-2021, 09:02 AM)Crossbar11 Wrote: I think with the way Val is talking and the small squad we have its a great time to be a first year pro at the Albion , I understand the temptation of the big clubs and yes you should be Ok for money for a long time but in terms of developing its a wrong move for me . Has Izzy Brown made over a 100 career appearances yet ?

Yes. 121 first team appearances to date.
(07-07-2021, 09:12 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

I suspect they will.

It does seem Palace have approached Citeh rsthet than Citeh desperate to get rid.
(07-07-2021, 09:20 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 09:02 AM)Crossbar11 Wrote: I think with the way Val is talking and the small squad we have its a great time to be a first year pro at the Albion , I understand the temptation of the big clubs and yes you should be Ok for money for a long time but in terms of developing its a wrong move for me . Has Izzy Brown made over a 100 career appearances yet ?

More than I thought to be honest , still not a massive amount given he started at 16 / 17

(07-07-2021, 09:12 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

They did a similar thing with Sancho.

Didn't mean he was a bad player or wasn't going to make or wasn't ready to play first team football at a high level.

Sancho forced his way out I believe
(07-07-2021, 09:30 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 09:12 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

I suspect they will.

It does seem Palace have approached Citeh rsthet than Citeh desperate to get rid.

Which follows with Vieira having strong links to the City Financial Group and therefore the people running Manchester City. It's why I think we should go for it, it's doubtful he's being offloaded and we know his potential and therefore his ability to develop with the only drawback being potentially selling him back to City below his market value. And £7m for a squad player in the Championship certainly isn't unheard of in recent times especially at the Albion. And with Palace having Eze to come back, seemingly in for Olise and obviously having Zaha he'll play more for us.
(07-07-2021, 09:20 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:

24 years old and only once made 25 appearances in a single season, and only 2 other seasons where he played 20+ games, which is frankly not that good. Still, I bet his bank account doesn't care.
Palace now after 19 year old Reading forward Michael Olive for $7 million
Are they after 2 teenage forwards or have Man City blocked their approach?