The Final
(07-08-2021, 07:49 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: It's a 50/50 game, will both teams cancel one another out?
I just hope the ref wil not be the deciding factor in the final.
Last nights ref was very poor, he made far to many mistakes - was VAR switched off ?

What mistakes did he make?
(07-08-2021, 08:49 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 07:49 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: It's a 50/50 game, will both teams cancel one another out?
Last nights ref was very poor, he made far to many mistakes - was VAR switched off ?

The Danish goal should not have stood, the three man wall that stood in front of our wall was to close and not allowed to stay there was not picked up by ref or VAR, Kane penalised for a foul that wasn’t so we should have had a penalty as he was bought down. Maguire booked for a non foul, 2 Danish players committed numerous fouls neither were booked. Sterling pen not sure but the ref gave it so overall we deserved that bit of luck. We also totally controlled most of the match so we deserved to go through.
(07-08-2021, 09:24 PM)wba13 Wrote:

The Danish goal should not have stood, the three man wall that stood in front of our wall was to close and not allowed to stay there was not picked up by ref or VAR, Kane penalised for a foul that wasn’t so we should have had a penalty as he was bought down. Maguire booked for a non foul, 2 Danish players committed numerous fouls neither were booked. Sterling pen not sure but the ref gave it so overall we deserved that bit of luck. We also totally controlled most of the match so we deserved to go through.

How was the blood pressure?
(07-08-2021, 09:31 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote:

How was the blood pressure?

Fine  Big Grin
(07-08-2021, 06:10 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 06:07 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 06:00 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Not many Englishmen complaining about the penalty we ‘won’ last night. Highly dubious, if you’re a neutral or Dane

As was the very soft free kick won by Denmark for their goal.
No mention of the blatant pen when Kane was brought down in the box?

Exactly. Kanes was more of a pen than Stirlings. Swings n roundabouts ay it. 

Oh there was another ball on the pitch too for our equaliser.......

Kane was a penno.  I didn't see all the all the game live  so when I saw that on highlights I was amazed nobody said anything prior to this Fred, but he as I re-read it was suppsedly a foul in the build-up so I may be wrong. No reason for Slabhead's yellow.

The Danish wall was easily a yard in front of our wall, negating this new conspiracy theory of it being too close, nobody said it couldn't be a yard in front of our wall.

Kane's was a 50/50 some replays suggested he fouled their player others he was fouled, for me the ref had blown for an infringement before he got to the box anyway.

Sterling's pen was reviewed by VAR and they agreed it was a pen.

Maguire, fuck only knows what that was all about.

And yes, he was more lenient on the Danes with their flying a yard backwards everytime our players got close.

i didn't think he was that bad though, and TBF he had a much better game when we played Germany.

Sunday is a totally different ball game, it could well be 0-0 and go to extra time, or it may end up being something daft like 3-2...
(07-08-2021, 10:04 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

The Danish wall was easily a yard in front of our wall, negating this new conspiracy theory of it being too close, nobody said it couldn't be a yard in front of our wall.

Kane's was a 50/50 some replays suggested he fouled their player others he was fouled, for me the ref had blown for an infringement before he got to the box anyway.

And yes, he was more lenient on the Danes with their flying a yard backwards everytime our players got close.

i didn't think he was that bad though, and TBF he had a much better game when we played Germany.

Sunday is a totally different ball game, it could well be 0-0 and go to extra time, or it may end up being something daft like 3-2...

I couldn't see anything wrong with Danes at the free kick but I have ceased to know the rules.
(07-08-2021, 10:06 PM)hudds Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 10:04 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

I couldn't see anything wrong with Danes at the free kick but I have ceased to know the rules.

There's a theory doing the rounds that's claiming they were too close to our wall (rule says they have to be a yard away from our wall). People are using the footage to say they moved to be too close, but they are clearly a yard in front of our wall, which is fine. There's also a theory saying the Sterling penalty wasn't a penalty, even though it clearly was...

Tea cups and storms, and all in all pointless!
Can I just say, now we've won, it was one hell of a free kick. (The Danes that is).