It would be nice to think
This is a third or fourth order issue.

We have stadiums, notably including Italy, racially abusing players, governments such as Hungary actively passing anti-lgbt laws allowing open abuse in stadia and there’s concern over booing a national anthem?

I think we need to be fixing other priorities first.
I hate to hear national anthems booed. It's completely disrespectful and unnecessary. If anything I would imagine it spurs on the opposition.

The Italian national anthem is a really uplifting one, and I enjoy seeing their players belting it out so passionately.

Hopefully a few idiots won't spoil it for the majority.
(07-08-2021, 12:51 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote: Booing an anthem is idiotic but the people crying over people singing songs about Brexit and those fans who are doing so, I wonder if they have ever joined-in with any awful chants down the years?

Perspective needed.

And they should see what the Danish papers are saying today.

Is this aimed at me? If so - I’m not crying.
(07-08-2021, 12:59 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote: This is a third or fourth order issue.

We have stadiums, notably including Italy, racially abusing players, governments such as Hungary actively passing anti-lgbt laws allowing open abuse in stadia and there’s concern over booing a national anthem?

I think we need to be fixing other priorities first.

I agree but Eufa is moving,albeit slowly on these issues.
Several countries have had to play behind closed doors because of racist abuse or displaying Nazi imagery.

I dont think it is unreasonable for their to be sanctions for booing a national anthem.

Although I would accept not playing anthems, to many people the playing of national anthems before international matches is a vital part of the game.
Strangely not a whimper from Uefa or anyone else when the Scots booed the English national anthem.
(07-08-2021, 01:17 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Strangely not a whimper from Uefa or anyone else when the Scots booed the English national anthem.

Not excusing our morons but you're spot on. Having said that the Scots ONLY boo 'our' (ahem, their own!) national anthem.
(07-08-2021, 01:17 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Strangely not a whimper from Uefa or anyone else when the Scots booed the English national anthem.

Mutual morons. Cancels it out doesn’t it?
I'd boo "our" national anthem!   God and Royalty?  To a dirge?  Pah!
Agree . Awful drone of a Tune sung to monarch and God by “subjects.”
UCEbaggie Wrote:
cornishbaggie Wrote:Strangely not a whimper from Uefa or anyone else when the Scots booed the English national anthem.

Mutual morons. Cancels it out doesn’t it?

Does it, never knew that.