How many posters on here have...
Re the possibility of Covid being around earlier than officially recorded, as per previous posts.  (Many of us remain convinced we had it Dec19/Jan20). Andy Gill, late member of band Gang of Four died in England, Jan 20 of respiratory complications, after the band toured China. With subsequent knowledge it appears to scientists to be  almost certain he died after contracting Covid. England's first cases were recorded about February, I believe. Obviously, it mushroomed beyond control in subsequent months. We don't know as testing was originally non existent and let's face it, we can't believe a word we are told by China. (About anything, let alone being responsible for a pandemic).
I'm near certain I had it in early March last year about a week after travelling back to East Lincs by train from the Black Country to a friend's funeral.  Train back from Brum through Notts, thence Grantham.  I stayed put after I got back after the Covid news was getting worse but developed what seemed like a cold but only developed into a prolonged cough - but a really bad cough.  I was also tired but had to work (from home) to get ethanol availble for hand sanitizer sans the excise duty (fighting HMRC and HMT to implement the policy and disseminating to industry) - I nearly passed out at my desk a couple of times and wondered if I would ever shake it off*.  Mr Hudds got the same thing about 8 days after I started coughing - again, weird, prolonged cough that almost stopped you breathing (occurred during sleep).

*Claims FF hero award.
(07-18-2021, 08:20 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 06:40 AM)Jezstatham Wrote: Me and son had it in january. I enjoyed the 2 weeks of work no real side effects other than loss of smell. My daughter and his girlfriend isolated with us but were negative.

In the last week my daughter and her boyfriend
and 6 of their friends have all tested positive after watching the euro final at the pub.

Also my partners two sons who both live with her became positive while we were away on holiday so she's had to spend the last week away from her home.
Its a nightmare it seems like more people have got it than ever and it's all over apparently on Monday ala freedom day. 
More like Back to Square 1 day!!

What a progressive family  Big Grin
When I read this back before posting it I thought doesn't read quite right but noboby will be bothered to post about it Big Grin
Got it over here in Rome, last October, gave it to my wife and daughter, then my wife gave it it to her sister, and she gave it to my mother in law who was 89 then, thank god we all got
 it in such a mild manner, just had my second shot of Astrazenica yesterday, got worse treatment from the Wops when they beat us on penalties in Rome, and jaysussss, it pissed me right 
 off.
Nope.

I've lost count of the self administered Lateral Flow tests I've had to have for work, but every single one of them has come up negative.
(07-18-2021, 04:07 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Nope.

I've lost count of the self administered Lateral Flow tests I've had to have for work, but every single one of them has come up negative.

Same here. Since the beginning of March this year I've had to self test at least twice a week and they've all come up negative.  My daughter came into contact with another member of the brownies group last week and has a had to self isolate. We've tested her every day during isolation and has tested negative each time.
(07-16-2021, 01:21 PM)Ossian Wrote: First week of November 2019, one of the women who works at the same school as Mrs O returned from the half-term break with what she called 'a nasty bug'. Her daughter had come back from a visit to Wuhan with quite acute breathing difficulties, but no alarms were triggered, partly because Covid hadn't yet surfaced (although it was almost certainly out there by then) and also the daughter was susceptible to respiratory problems from time to time.

Something ripped through the school - staff and students - at an almost unprecedented rate: Mrs O had to take a couple of days off - a rarity in itself - she passed whatever it was onto me, in milder form, and then to our son who had nothing more serious than a heavy cold. I had a residual dry cough for about a week and then we thought no more about it at the time.

We've wondered a few times since though.

I was travelling a lot into London in November 2019 and ended up feeling rough for about 6 weeks. I had a cough that ran through that time, but my other symptoms seemed to change regularly from feeling fuzzy headed, to fatigue, no energy to run.

Randomly, I was prescribed a new inhaler in early December 2019 (a Fostair one, instead of a brown / blue combo) and it made a huge difference.

Since then I've had a bit of hay fever and the odd day where I felt under the weather, but have been generally very healthy, apart from about 7 days of low energy after each of my Astra Zeneca jabs.
Hospitalised in December, thankfully no long covid symptoms.....

Double jabbed now.....