Silverstone
(07-19-2021, 10:10 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 09:55 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Verstappen's comments were poor but he'd been put in the hospital and likely didn't know that Lewis didn't know he was in the hospital when he was celebrating.

The person who's comments were out of order was Christian Horner.

I don't know what you expected Horner to say? The first year in a long time that we have a competition for the Constructors title (it is all that Horner wants) and he's having his lead damaged. He also thinks very highly of Verstappen, he is the man at RB and I'm sure they desperately want to win it so they can keep him in the car. When the dust settles a bit I don't think he'll be so aggressive in his comments, he may even apologise. I'm pretty sure that Toto Wolff would've felt aggrieved if it was the opposite way around. Almost half way through the season now, on to Hungary we go.

I have seen that Hamilton has suffered racial abuse on social media following yesterday, that is uncalled for and hope it gets dealt with. Regardless of what happened yesterday, he is still a World Class racing driver and we as Brits should be proud of him as that.

Horner has been defending Max's aggressive racecraft all season, even though it's risk has been mitigated by other drivers backing off. Horner even said that about Hamilton in Barcelona. Now someone refused to back off and let Verstappen do what he wants and actually took him on he's making out that what's a racing incident is akin to malice and that you don't overtake at Copse (even though I've seen plenty of great overtakes at Copse which is why it's a famous corner). He's also built up the environment that's lead to the abuse of Hamilton (and Mario) by trying to increase the heat on him instead of taking a step back and calming things down, he was still at it after the race. As for the possibility of him apologising, has Horner apologised for anything ever?
(07-19-2021, 10:36 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 09:55 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Verstappen's comments were poor but he'd been put in the hospital and likely didn't know that Lewis didn't know he was in the hospital when he was celebrating.

I don't know what you expected Horner to say? The first year in a long time that we have a competition for the Constructors title (it is all that Horner wants) and he's having his lead damaged. He also thinks very highly of Verstappen, he is the man at RB and I'm sure they desperately want to win it so they can keep him in the car. When the dust settles a bit I don't think he'll be so aggressive in his comments, he may even apologise. I'm pretty sure that Toto Wolff would've felt aggrieved if it was the opposite way around. Almost half way through the season now, on to Hungary we go.

I have seen that Hamilton has suffered racial abuse on social media following yesterday, that is uncalled for and hope it gets dealt with. Regardless of what happened yesterday, he is still a World Class racing driver and we as Brits should be proud of him as that.

Horner has been defending Max's aggressive racecraft all season, even though it's risk has been mitigated by other drivers backing off. Horner even said that about Hamilton in Barcelona. Now someone refused to back off and let Verstappen do what he wants and actually took him on he's making out that what's a racing incident is akin to malice and that you don't overtake at Copse (even though I've seen plenty of great overtakes at Copse which is why it's a famous corner). He's also built up the environment that's lead to the abuse of Hamilton (and Mario) by trying to increase the heat on him instead of taking a step back and calming things down, he was still at it after the race. As for the possibility of him apologising, has Horner apologised for anything ever?

Yep, I don't know why he mentioned not overtaking at Copse. That was a silly thing to say. We will all have different opinions of the incident and I've given mine but at the end of the day, it doesn't count for anything just as much as yours doesn't. Hamilton was penalised and he still won, we move on.
(07-19-2021, 10:53 AM)Lightnin Wrote:

Yep, I don't know why he mentioned not overtaking at Copse. That was a silly thing to say. We will all have different opinions of the incident and I've given mine but at the end of the day, it doesn't count for anything just as much as yours doesn't. Hamilton was penalised and he still won, we move on.

No, I'm still pissed at the McLaren pit stop that cost Lando a podium
(07-19-2021, 11:22 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 10:53 AM)Lightnin Wrote:

No, I'm still pissed at the McLaren pit stop that cost Lando a podium

Yes, I think we all are. At one point I was hoping Lando could get 2nd! Would Bottas have caught him though on normal pit stops? Would've been tight!
Stole this off facebook (from a Viz page);
It’s ok for Lewis Hamilton to force Verstappen into crashing out of the Grand Prix and only get a 10 second penalty,but when I undercut a Nissan Micra on junction 7 of the M5 forcing it crash into a tree,I get 9 points on my license and a £1000 fine.One rule for celebrities another rule for us normal folk.
(07-18-2021, 07:56 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 05:18 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Not a fan of MR generally but today's race was incredible.
OK so the fastest car won but LH drove brilliantly to overcome a 30 second deficit from the penalty he was given after the Verstappen incident. He maintained his tyres after his team elected a one stop strategy and his overtaking of LeClerc was timed to perfection.
I'm not a great fan of his tbh but credit where it's due.

It was a 10 second stop and go penalty. Unfortunately, the speed limits in the pit lane usually mean it’s about 28 seconds. He did drive brilliantly again though, when he’s chasing and catching, he’s relentless. He’s a brilliant driver for sure.

I think he got a bit lucky with Leclerc, no doubt the pressure told on him but it was a mistake that let him through. He’d have got him eventually anyway.

Today, if Max won again. The championship becomes hard to reel in with so much momentum. Hamilton cynically took him out, it was the only way to close the gap significantly and he knew the only bit he could damage was a nose or wing.

Max and Lewis are the best drivers by a mile. Granted they have the best cars too but I genuinely think they’d push close in a McLaren, Aston Martin or Alpha Tauri
Sorry to be a pedant lightnin but it was a 10 second penalty. 
On a stop and go you cannot touch the car so pit lane time plus stop time.
He got a penalty that he took during a scheduled tyre change so a 10 second penalty only, where they cannot touch the car when it first stops.
It is the second lowest penalty they can give (5 seconds being the lowest) so he got off very lightly IMO.
(07-19-2021, 12:06 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:56 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 05:18 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Not a fan of MR generally but today's race was incredible.
OK so the fastest car won but LH drove brilliantly to overcome a 30 second deficit from the penalty he was given after the Verstappen incident. He maintained his tyres after his team elected a one stop strategy and his overtaking of LeClerc was timed to perfection.
I'm not a great fan of his tbh but credit where it's due.

It was a 10 second stop and go penalty. Unfortunately, the speed limits in the pit lane usually mean it’s about 28 seconds. He did drive brilliantly again though, when he’s chasing and catching, he’s relentless. He’s a brilliant driver for sure.

I think he got a bit lucky with Leclerc, no doubt the pressure told on him but it was a mistake that let him through. He’d have got him eventually anyway.

Today, if Max won again. The championship becomes hard to reel in with so much momentum. Hamilton cynically took him out, it was the only way to close the gap significantly and he knew the only bit he could damage was a nose or wing.

Max and Lewis are the best drivers by a mile. Granted they have the best cars too but I genuinely think they’d push close in a McLaren, Aston Martin or Alpha Tauri
Sorry to be a pedant lightnin but it was a 10 second penalty. 
On a stop and go you cannot touch the car so pit lane time plus stop time.
He got a penalty that he took during a scheduled tyre change so a 10 second penalty only, where they cannot touch the car when it first stops.
It is the second lowest penalty they can give (5 seconds being the lowest) so he got off very lightly IMO.

Now you mention it, of course it was. I actually didn't see the pit stop so didn't even think about him changing his tyres at the same time but he must have done or he'd never have got around. It just didn't register.
I’ve never watched an entire F1 race in my life, but I have watched drive to survive on Netflix so I’m basically an expert. Verstappen is a dick, loves to ram people and gets away with it, don’t know what all the fuss is about. Christian Horner is also a massive cock womble.
In the form of his life.