Silverstone
(07-18-2021, 07:30 PM)keef Wrote: If was watching something that i thought was boring i would turn it off

I fell asleep! Then woke up and it was still going and being near the end I just left it.
(07-18-2021, 07:36 PM):DMassDebater Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:30 PM)keef Wrote: If was watching something that i thought was boring i would turn it off

I fell asleep! Then woke up and it was still going and being near the end I just left it.

Big Grin
(07-18-2021, 05:18 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Not a fan of MR generally but today's race was incredible.
OK so the fastest car won but LH drove brilliantly to overcome a 30 second deficit from the penalty he was given after the Verstappen incident. He maintained his tyres after his team elected a one stop strategy and his overtaking of LeClerc was timed to perfection.
I'm not a great fan of his tbh but credit where it's due.

It was a 10 second stop and go penalty. Unfortunately, the speed limits in the pit lane usually mean it’s about 28 seconds. He did drive brilliantly again though, when he’s chasing and catching, he’s relentless. He’s a brilliant driver for sure.

I think he got a bit lucky with Leclerc, no doubt the pressure told on him but it was a mistake that let him through. He’d have got him eventually anyway.

Today, if Max won again. The championship becomes hard to reel in with so much momentum. Hamilton cynically took him out, it was the only way to close the gap significantly and he knew the only bit he could damage was a nose or wing.

Max and Lewis are the best drivers by a mile. Granted they have the best cars too but I genuinely think they’d push close in a McLaren, Aston Martin or Alpha Tauri
(07-18-2021, 07:56 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 05:18 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Not a fan of MR generally but today's race was incredible.
OK so the fastest car won but LH drove brilliantly to overcome a 30 second deficit from the penalty he was given after the Verstappen incident. He maintained his tyres after his team elected a one stop strategy and his overtaking of LeClerc was timed to perfection.

It was a 10 second stop and go penalty. Unfortunately, the speed limits in the pit lane usually mean it’s about 28 seconds. He did drive brilliantly again though, when he’s chasing and catching, he’s relentless. He’s a brilliant driver for sure.

I think he got a bit lucky with Leclerc, no doubt the pressure told on him but it was a mistake that let him through. He’d have got him eventually anyway.

Today, if Max won again. The championship becomes hard to reel in with so much momentum. Hamilton cynically took him out, it was the only way to close the gap significantly and he knew the only bit he could damage was a nose or wing.

Max and Lewis are the best drivers by a mile. Granted they have the best cars too but I genuinely think they’d push close in a McLaren, Aston Martin or Alpha Tauri

I don't see how it was cynical, Hamilton didn't turn into him and he just seemed to understeer into Verstappen's tyre. I think it was more he took a risk knowing he had to overtake Verstappen then and there and came out better of the two.
(07-18-2021, 07:58 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

I don't see how it was cynical, Hamilton didn't turn into him and he just seemed to understeer into Verstappen's tyre. I think it was more he took a risk knowing he had to overtake Verstappen then and there and came out better of the two.

“Just seemed to understeer into Verstappens tyre”. You don’t need to say anymore.
(07-18-2021, 08:02 PM)Lightnin Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:58 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

“Just seemed to understeer into Verstappens tyre”. You don’t need to say anymore.

The Mercedes has been understeering all season, particularly this weekend. If it was cynical then he's done a fantastic job of disguising it around a known fault of the car.
(07-18-2021, 05:52 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Hamilton possibly the greatest racing driver of all time. Senna & Schumacher might have wanted a word.

Of the above only possibly Senna stands comparison with Jim Clark.
Robot Wars for grown ups, tragic.
(07-18-2021, 07:36 PM)MassDebater Wrote:

I'll admit I've never been a fan of F1 but it does serve a purpose; a hearty Sunday lunch with a few beverages, put on the motor racing on the telly and I'm away with the fairies in seconds.
(07-18-2021, 08:17 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Robot Wars for grown ups, tragic.

That's exactly what it's become.

This is worth watch though...

Ignore Hammond looking like a pimp