Co-op Live Arena
(05-02-2024, 01:11 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Harry Shyte was born in Redditch, FFS.

I didn't realise that, the Mrs is taking her kid to Holmes Chapel to see his family home and where he grew up. So I just assumed he was from there.
Rick Astley performing Smiths' songs with the Blossoms at Glastonbury was brilliant.
(05-02-2024, 01:22 PM)NewWanker Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 01:11 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Harry Shyte was born in Redditch, FFS.

I didn't realise that, the Mrs is taking her kid to Holmes Chapel to see his family home and where he grew up. So I just assumed he was from there.

Born in Alexandra Hospital, I'm guessing if his birth place is specific as Redditch. The same as my daughter  Big Grin . The Maternity unit was closed in 2015.
(05-02-2024, 12:53 PM)richbaggie Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 11:58 AM)imsotall Wrote: The Hare and Hounds in Kings Heath does well at promoting itself.

My favourite venue for music. Good access,  decent beer, great sound.

Agreed. 

My friend owns/runs it and he puts in a lot of work to make a success of it.
(05-02-2024, 11:58 AM)imsotall Wrote: The Hare and Hounds in Kings Heath does well at promoting itself.

Excellent pub and far away the best venue in the city. The City Centre venues could learn a lot about to be run from the H&H. It says a lot that most good up and coming acts opt to play in a suburban venue. The same goes for the Brudenell Social Club in Leeds. Similarly well promoted to the H&H.

It helps that the H&H is just down the road from me but it’s somewhere I will happily go and watch new acts who I don’t know a great deal about just because it’s a great place to visit.
(05-02-2024, 02:07 PM)imsotall Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 12:53 PM)richbaggie Wrote:

My favourite venue for music. Good access,  decent beer, great sound.

Agreed. 

My friend owns/runs it and he puts in a lot of work to make a success of it.

Was there Sunday night to see House of All.  Its only a minute walk from where I live, so even better. 
The work Adam Reagan has put into the two rooms upstairs as well as the downstairs boozer is  phenomenal, especially when you consider what the pub was like prior to him taking over.