Gayles long throw
(04-24-2019, 08:31 AM)sickParrot Wrote: He has been at the club since August, how come Big Dave and Jones didn't think to hand him a towel before now?

It was used but very rarely under Moore and Jones. I Sky plussed the Albion v villa game in December and in 5th minute of injury time we get a throw in and Gayle launches it into the box
(04-24-2019, 11:04 AM)Albion Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 08:31 AM)sickParrot Wrote: He has been at the club since August, how come Big Dave and Jones didn't think to hand him a towel before now?

It was used but very rarely under Moore and Jones. I Sky plussed the Albion v villa game in December and in 5th minute of injury time we get a throw in and Gayle launches it into the box

Christ, that’s even worse. I thought it was just the case that he’d kept it to himself until very recently. Long throw-ins are a huge weapon to have.
I suppose it's a bit like Harry Kane taking corners under Roy. I'd hope Darren and Jones were thinking Dwight should be on the other end of a set piece.. It could be a good thing he's kept his powder dry until now for the play offs.
Yes found this totally baffling that this was so underused or not at all earlier in the season.We have some of the best centre backs at attacking the ball in the air and yet we refused this option.I can only think that Jones wanted an all out intricate football and the long throw didn't fit in.Of course why not mess about and try to play several passes instead of one threatening throw in.Unbelievable !
What a fuck up eh? Fancy him scoring 20+ goals this season rather than take long throws ffs
(04-24-2019, 06:46 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: What a fuck up eh? Fancy him scoring 20+ goals this season rather than take long throws ffs

It’s not a fuck up but it does show a lack of flexibility of the previous management team in how we play.
(04-24-2019, 07:05 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 06:46 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: What a fuck up eh? Fancy him scoring 20+ goals this season rather than take long throws ffs

It’s not a fuck up but it does show a lack of flexibility of the previous management team in how we play.

Ok
(04-24-2019, 07:09 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Ok

No probs, it’s ok to be critical of some elements of the club / management sometimes I reckon.
(04-24-2019, 07:15 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 07:09 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Ok

No probs, it’s ok to be critical of some elements of the club / management sometimes I reckon.

I just think people should cease fire and get behind the club 100% with the most important games in a while coming up. Sort of if you can't say anything good say fuck all. After all what's gone on has gone and we can't influence it in any way. The future can be though. I want the PO game at the Hawthorns bouncing Swanseaesque. Not every cnut waiting for the first Albion mistake. Shit has to stop somewhere sometime.
A few people missing the point here.

The biggest question is, how did Shan persuade Jenkins to buy 2 big blue beach towels ffs?