That atmosphere
We never really had any atmosphere last season, its like we saved it up for the last game Big Grin
Does anyone remember going to games to get behind the team whoever we were playing and not needing Coco the fucking clown or fireworks to generate enthusiasm?
(05-17-2019, 10:20 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Does anyone remember going to games to get behind the team whoever we were playing and not needing Coco the fucking clown or fireworks to generate enthusiasm?

I remember when you didn't need it to be a play-off semi final against a local rival to create enthusiasm.  Couldn't make the game, so still living on Swansea 93 myself for best ever atmosphere.  Getting Richie in is a geat idea, he is a true fan, and I actually thought the crowd at most home games this season was flat and even a bit whingey at times particularly towards the end of DM's poor run at home.  And this for a team scoring goals. Didn't renew my season ticket as want to introduce my lad to being an away fan next year, and cant really afford to do both.  I just hope that the emotional memory of last week sticks with the fans returning next season and it can be replicated. I think the team will certainly need it.
(05-17-2019, 10:20 AM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Does anyone remember going to games to get behind the team whoever we were playing and not needing Coco the fucking clown or fireworks to generate enthusiasm?

spot on mate. 

I think the pre-match deafening music helped kill the atmosphere along with seating.  no surprise that we stood for the whole game Tuesday.
There's no reason why the atmosphere shouldn't improve. Leeds and Villa in the league were great, so a noisy away following helps and some events on the pitch obviously influence fans.

However, the key question is whether fans enjoyed it more by being a bigger part of it and shouting themselves hoarse.

People look for excuses. We hear all the talk about it being down to the PA, the liquidator, style of play etc. It's bollocks. People start songs at every game. It is personal choice whether people join in. If enough do, you get an atmosphere.

Good fans are not those who are loud when it's going well. The good ones make the difference when the team need them, by lifting them when it's not going well.

Our away support fit that bracket, the home support currently doesn't.
(05-17-2019, 12:53 PM)Statto Wrote: There's no reason why the atmosphere shouldn't improve. Leeds and Villa in the league were great, so a noisy away following helps and some events on the pitch obviously influence fans.

However, the key question is whether fans enjoyed it more by being a bigger part of it and shouting themselves hoarse.

People look for excuses. We hear all the talk about it being down to the PA, the liquidator, style of play etc. It's bollocks. People start songs at every game. It is personal choice whether people join in. If enough do, you get an atmosphere.

Good fans are not those who are loud when it's going well.  The good ones make the difference when the team need them, by lifting them when it's not going well.

Our away support fit that bracket, the home support currently doesn't.
Spot on with that mate.
Maybe its just me but I thought the PA dude was annoying as fuck and frankly embarrassing. Its not baseball. You don't need some geezer screaming down a microphone to gee a crowd up.
(05-17-2019, 01:12 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: Maybe its just me but I thought the PA dude was annoying as fuck and frankly embarrassing. Its not baseball. You don't need some geezer screaming down a microphone to gee a crowd up.

Thank fuck someone else noticed it was terrible if that was against us we would be taking the piss out of it .
(05-17-2019, 01:36 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(05-17-2019, 01:12 PM)UCEbaggie Wrote: Maybe its just me but I thought the PA dude was annoying as fuck and frankly embarrassing. Its not baseball. You don't need some geezer screaming down a microphone to gee a crowd up.

Thank fuck someone else noticed it was terrible if that was against us we would be taking the piss out of it .

Maybe you would. I wouldn't.

The announcer was brilliant and ultimately helped create the brilliant atmosphere.
I’m not having a bad word said about Richie. He was boss