Villa
(05-30-2019, 09:09 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: "A season is played over all the games, not just the last 10. The last 10 games alone does not mean that they deserved to go up."

So, does that apply to the 11 point choke and our winning promotion on the back of us having a much better run in than The Dings in 2001? 

Just askin'.

We finished ahead of them over 46 games. Not sure why that’s even a question.
We can all say what we want but the simple fact is that they went up. I also hazard a guess that it’s possible one or two of our stars of last year could end up there. It’s a proper gruesome thing but true.
(05-30-2019, 09:20 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We can all say what we want but the simple fact is that they went up. I also hazard a guess that it’s possible one or two of our stars of last year could end up there. It’s a proper gruesome thing but true.

Agreed. Bastards now look well run & extremely wealthy. Went to my local Hickory’s for family meal on Wednesday & the place was full of Villa tops. Think it may be that way for a while. 

We need to focus on ourselves & get up next season, far from impossible. Could then be a real resurgence for Midlands football with Three of us at the top table. 

Some of the so called big six are creaking. Arsenal terrible last night, Chelsea under embargo. Clearly not us right now but the top six are there to be taken on. Leicester, Villa & Wolves can push them next season, hopefully we can start making noise again the year after.
(05-30-2019, 10:28 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 09:20 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: We can all say what we want but the simple fact is that they went up. I also hazard a guess that it’s possible one or two of our stars of last year could end up there. It’s a proper gruesome thing but true.

Agreed. Bastards now look well run & extremely wealthy. Went to my local Hickory’s for family meal on Wednesday & the place was full of Villa tops. Think it may be that way for a while. 

We need to focus on ourselves & get up next season, far from impossible. Could then be a real resurgence for Midlands football with Three of us at the top table. 

Some of the so called big six are creaking. Arsenal terrible last night, Chelsea under embargo. Clearly not us right now but the top six are there to be taken on. Leicester, Villa & Wolves can push them next season, hopefully we can start making noise again the year after.

Leicester seem to be making the biggest noises. Selling nobody and buying more.

Villa have a lot of work to do.
Gayle to Villa is very realistic
I wouldn't be at all shocked if they came in for Johnstone and Gibbs.
(05-31-2019, 07:39 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Gayle to Villa is very realistic
Yes. A lot of rumours doing the rounds.
I've never ever understood this "we need to concentrate on our own club" stuff. Why?! We're fans! There's fuck all we can do in the day to day running of the club. I could understand it if our media department was always banging on about Villa.
(05-31-2019, 08:48 AM)The Real PK Wrote: I've never ever understood this "we need to concentrate on our own club" stuff. Why?! We're fans! There's fuck all we can do in the day to day running of the club. I could understand it if our media department was always banging on about Villa.

Maybe because concentrating on 'Them' only upsets at the minute. Not that concentrating on us fills me with great pleasure but it's the lesser of Two evils.
It's not just this scenario though, I keep seeing it said by fans of all clubs when someone rips the piss out of them. "Concentrate on your own club's problems" etc. Thanks, I'm fully aware that we are not champions of England and Europe, but as i am powerless to do anything about the operation of our club and indeed the matchday outcome, I'll sit here and take the fucking piss where possible, thank you very much! Big Grin