BoJo
This spate of posts like the two above (the ones from kartmanundub and MackenzieKaR, just in case they get deleted) are very reminiscent of an infestation of spammers which eventually caused me to take offline a blog site, which I did subsequently reinstate but only once I'd closed it to public comments. Even if the spam filters catch them they are still left in a holding area awaiting deletion; pity the perpetrators have nothing better to do with their time and technology...

Irritants...
(07-25-2019, 12:33 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(07-25-2019, 07:16 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 06:18 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: What a catastrophic day for my country with this buffoon and, now, a talentless, fantasist spiteful cabinet being announced full of liars and charlatans.

The loons now have the wheel and are driving us towards the edge - BUT they will claim it's all the EU fault FFS !

Are we the only country EVER that has put itself through such self harm and retrograded its standards, protections and trade deals ????
A little bit a calm balance.

I think this post is Bordering on libellous.

Spiteful: Feeling the need to see others suffer. Can you prove that any of them have a pathological NEED to see people suffer?

Charlatan: Flamboyant deceiver. Gove, Truss, Morgan, Shapps et al, Flamboyant? and as for deceiving can you give instances where they have done so, at least any worse than any other politician? Remember the ambiguous pre election “I will deal with student loan debts” then the post election, “that was only a statement of our intention to look at the problems for current students.”

“Cabinet... FULL of liars and charlatans”. Full? Even by what I assume is your definition of those epithets, which I assume is based on your views on Brexit? So for balance lets look at the actual make up:
Only Eight of the twenty two full cabinet members voted to leave the E.U.
All but two voted for May’s deal on the final vote.
Only five voted for No Deal. (5 voted against)
Eleven voted for another referendum to confirm any deal.
Three are people of colour (13.64%) which is above the average per population (12.9% as of 2018)
Not too good on sex. Only 26% are women. This is slightly worse than May’s Cabinet but better than Tony Blair’s and far more female representative than the Clegg inspired Cabinet of the coalition (17%) But, as only 29% of conservative MPs are women the percentage is not too bad a representation.
I respectfully suggest the Cabinet is hardly “full” of hard line Brexiteers. Nor can it be accused of being full of WASP, male old Etonians. As for being “Liars and charlatans” , that pronouncement would take some defending, with of coarse the aforementioned adjunct, they are all politicians. 

Any degree of harm to be suffered has yet to be experienced so is imponderable but one look at history makes the rant of being the “Only country EVER to put itself through self harm” is somewhat blinkered. In the 20th century alone Germany, Cambodia, Russia, China, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Iran to name but a few. Are you suggesting we are going to emulate those? What standards or protections are definitely going to be “Retrograded” and where was this announced?
And remember, we have a vote in a couple of years where we can install all those liberal minded, selfless, philanthropic paragons of virtue who are just waiting in the wings.
have you not learnt? You can't use facts that puncture the screaming hyperbole of the remainers/lefties?

Arf Brexiteers lecturing people on facts!

Oh ar and I’m in Paris just having a nice pint of French lager as the world goes by.
(07-25-2019, 05:53 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 06:18 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: What a catastrophic day for my country with this buffoon and, now, a talentless, fantasist spiteful cabinet being announced full of liars and charlatans.

The loons now have the wheel and are driving us towards the edge - BUT they will claim it's all the EU fault FFS !

Are we the only country EVER that has put itself through such self harm and retrograded its standards, protections and trade deals ????

Spiteful: Feeling the need to see others suffer. Can you prove that any of them have a pathological NEED to see people suffer?

Charlatan: Flamboyant deceiver. Gove, Truss, Morgan, Shapps et al, Flamboyant? and as for deceiving can you give instances where they have done so, at least any worse than any other politician? Remember the ambiguous pre election “I will deal with student loan debts” then the post election, “that was only a statement of our intention to look at the problems for current students.”

“Cabinet... FULL of liars and charlatans”. Full? Even by what I assume is your definition of those epithets, which I assume is based on your views on Brexit? So for balance lets look at the actual make up:
Three are people of colour (13.64%) which is above the average per population (12.9% as of 2018)
Not too good on sex. Only 26% are women. This is slightly worse than May’s Cabinet but better than Tony Blair’s and far more female representative than the Clegg inspired Cabinet of the coalition (17%) But, as only 29% of conservative MPs are women the percentage is not too bad a representation.
I respectfully suggest the Cabinet is hardly “full” of hard line Brexiteers. Nor can it be accused of being full of WASP, male old Etonians. As for being “Liars and charlatans” , that pronouncement would take some defending, with of coarse the aforementioned adjunct, they are all politicians. 

Any degree of harm to be suffered has yet to be experienced so is imponderable but one look at history makes the rant of being the “Only country EVER to put itself through self harm” is somewhat blinkered. In the 20th century alone Germany, Cambodia, Russia, China, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Iran to name but a few. Are you suggesting we are going to emulate those? What standards or protections are definitely going to be “Retrograded” and where was this announced?
And remember, we have a vote in a couple of years where we can install all those liberal minded, selfless, philanthropic paragons of virtue who are just waiting in the wings.
have you not learnt? You can't use facts that puncture the screaming hyperbole of the remainers/lefties?

Oh ar and I’m in Paris just having a nice pint of French lager as the world goes by.

What the fuck is nice French lager?
(07-25-2019, 06:28 PM)Sunshine Wrote:

What the fuck is nice French lager?

One that comes with a little yellow vest for free. You’d love it Wink
I’d wager you’re not having a pint.
(07-25-2019, 12:33 PM)Sotv Wrote: have you not learnt? You can't use facts that puncture the screaming hyperbole of the remainers/lefties?

I wasn’t “lecturing “ anyone on facts or anything else. Just balancing a post of highly inflammatory language and inaccurate or unsubstantiated statements.
Which parts of my post, DH, are falsehoods or inaccurate?
Let’s look at some of your remainer ‘Facts’ we were given at the time of the referendum.
Treasury analysis stated a No Vote would plunge the country into an immediate, year long recession!
Mark Carey predicted an immediate recession!
George Osborne said he would have to hold an emergency budget within a month and taxes and borrowing would have to rise substantially!
The IMF said there would be a Stock Market crash and a steep fall in house prices!
Stephen Dorrrell, the Health minister at the time, stated a Brexit vote would “undermine funding in the NHS”!
George Hammond again, “there would be a rapid loss of 820,000 jobs! (Although the Treasury only said 500,000)
According to David Cameron a Third World War was eminently possible!
And those are only the things we were told would happen after the vote let alone the Armageddon that was and still is predicted to happen after (or if) we leave.

Has there been a recession? No.
Was there an emergency budget where taxes and borrowing were raised substantially? No.
I don’t recall a stock market crash.
Have house prices collapsed? (More affordable houses wouldn’t be a bad thing anyway) No.
Hasn’t Britain’s GDP risen every quarter since the vote?
Hasn’t there been an injection of an extra £20 billion into the NHS budget?
Isn’t unemployment at a low?
Isn’t the number if people in work at an all time high?
I haven’t noticed any Anderson Shelters being issued as yet.

I’ve ignored that anti democracy loving and vindictive Tusk’s threat of the “beginning of the end of... Western Political Civilisation in its entirety”. An altogether ridiculous claim.

So don’t make comments snidely about “lecturing people on facts” when it comes to Brexit. Perhaps you might try and remember these remain campaign ‘Facts’ before you mention “the side of a bus” yet again, as you do, Ad nauseam. Those in glass houses and all that.

Sorry Sotv, I’ve done it again.
So the fleeting relationship BoJo has with the truth begins.

He calls out those who bet against GB. Then promotes Mogg who has transferred his hedge fund to Ireland! 

https://www.ft.com/content/38987fe2-6f19...13e5c92914

He calls out Corbyn for appearing on Iranian TV. The same day his father appears on the same channel!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/b...e-18777108

Very joker !

Maybe you've been walking around with your eyes closed for the last four years ? Or, maybe you just want to BELEIVE in everything the Brextreemist Charlatans come out with based upon little facts ? 

The likes of Patel, Raab, Johnson et al have consistently misled about WTO and lied about the £350m and are willing now leading people to a catastrophic No Deal self-harm.
(07-26-2019, 09:51 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:

Very joker !

Maybe you've been walking around with your eyes closed for the last four years ? Or, maybe you just want to BELEIVE in everything the Brextreemist Charlatans come out with based upon little facts ? 

The likes of Patel, Raab, Johnson et al have consistently misled about WTO and lied about the £350m and are willing now leading people to a catastrophic No Deal self-harm.
A denying Peter.

Still IGNORING the lies from the remainers then. You do not have your eyes shut you’re just walking around with blinkers on.
(07-27-2019, 09:33 AM)John Osborne’s Knuckle Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 09:51 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:

Very joker !

A denying Peter.

Still IGNORING the lies from the remainers then. You do not have your eyes shut you’re just walking around with blinkers on.

Emboldened by Boris and his shoddy cabinet I see JOK.