Ajibola Alese
(08-05-2019, 10:26 PM)ABBaggie Wrote: According the ExWHUEmployee on Twitter (very ITK with West Ham as the name suggests) we are looking at Alese and another West Ham academy player. Suspect this is a contingency should the bulk of the budget go elsewhere.

In all honesty if throwing a fortune at Gayle for another year means that any other signings in areas we are clearly short have to be a load of inexperienced kids then I’d have to say that I think it’s a mistake.

Spot on. The bloke could get injured at any point and we'd be left up shit creek.
Not crying yet but I hope the good work we've done so far this summer isn't undone now. These 2 or 3 signings this week could really be the difference. I hope we don't put all our eggs in one basket
(08-06-2019, 06:32 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-06-2019, 06:24 AM)BaggieTom89 Wrote: I’d rather give Dara O’Shea his chance over someone else’s 18 year old.

Agree.

We have Ferguson, Leko, O’Shea, Harper, Field, Burke, Edwards, Tulloch... we don’t need other teams’ inexperienced players. 

Anyone who comes in on loan has to be short term, experienced, decent salary signings. The kind of quality we can’t afford to commit to, but who if we get promoted there’s an agreed price.

That didn't work last season though did it?

Murphy, Montero & especially Johansen were lauded signings on decent salaries who contributed little or nothing.

I recall reading similar views when Barnes signed, i.e why don't we trust Leko, Edwards rather than play Leicester kids. He didn't do too badly.

No issue with bringing a very highly rated CH in who Bilic & especially Dicks will know all about, as long as their no appearance related detail in the contract.  Send Fitzwater & Wilson back out on loan.
(08-06-2019, 06:24 AM)BaggieTom89 Wrote: I’d rather give Dara O’Shea his chance over someone else’s 18 year old.

Agree.

We have Ferguson, Leko, O’Shea, Harper, Field, Burke, Edwards, Tulloch... we don’t need other teams’ inexperienced players. 

Anyone who comes in on loan has to be short term, experienced, decent salary signings. The kind of quality we can’t afford to commit to, but who if we get promoted there’s an agreed price.

Yeah we don't want another Harvey Barnes coming in here and ruining things

Boo !!
(08-06-2019, 07:35 AM)B36baggie Wrote:

Agree.

That didn't work last season though did it?

Murphy, Montero & especially Johansen were lauded signings on decent salaries who contributed little or nothing.

I recall reading similar views when Barnes signed, i.e why don't we trust Leko, Edwards rather than play Leicester kids. He didn't do too badly.

No issue with bringing a very highly rated CH in who Bilic & especially Dicks will know all about, as long as their no appearance related detail in the contract.  Send Fitzwater & Wilson back out on loan.

Spot on.
Bilic has seen the kids and obviously considered Ferguson good enough to start on Saturday. He’s also seen enough of the other to conclude that we need to bring better in.
(08-06-2019, 07:45 AM)Duffers Wrote: Bilic has seen the kids and obviously considered Ferguson good enough to start on Saturday. He’s also seen enough of the other to conclude that we need to bring better in.

Well that might not exactly be the case. You can only play 11 players at any one time.

No nothing of this lad, but an 18 year old centre half brought in loan makes me a little nervous, unless he is some sort of wonderkid.

Last season we had Tosin and I think he was a decent player, but prone to mistakes, not to be unexpected for a player of his age. Do we want to go down that route again.18 is very young for any player to be a regular in any team, but for a centre half in a promotion chasing team that's very unusual.And if we are only bringing him in for cover not sure I see the point, either for him, us or West Ham.

But let's wait and see what happens, he might not come and if he does he may be brilliant.