Dwight Gayle
(08-08-2019, 06:41 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Hal Robson Kanu was right then

There is nothing right about a professional disclosing information like that to fans.

Good window. Even better if we would have got rid of that lump.
Surely this can’t be right, it has to be Dowling or Jenkins fault he ain’t coming, it always is.
Fucked us over in the playoffs with his red card, felt he owes us nothing

Interesting
(08-08-2019, 06:38 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 06:36 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Well. There you have it then. Seems he didn't want to come but Newcastle were ok to let go. Strange one that as I thought he really enjoyed it here. And Newcastle have resigned the broken down cart horse that is Andy Carroll.

Probably thinks he’s got a better chance of playing with Bruce than he did with Rafa.

You’re right here - but disagree with your next post
Saints have apparently paid him off handsomely as a leaving gesture making up most of the difference on his new WBA contract. Sounds a decent piece of business for Austin and Albion. See Gayle deal WAS agreed, loan to permanent if go up. Gayle wanted straight permanent.

Source: Twitter
I can understand why Gayle turned down the move, young family wants a chance to prove himself in the prem and we couldn't offer him a perm 3 year deal on terms he could accept.

I bear him no ill for that and good luck and thanks to the chap.
(08-08-2019, 06:57 PM)fbaggy Wrote: I can understand why Gayle turned down the move, young family wants a chance to prove himself in the prem and we couldn't offer him a perm 3 year deal on terms he could accept.

He will sign for us if we get promoted. This is his “spiritual home” imo
(08-08-2019, 06:58 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-08-2019, 06:57 PM)fbaggy Wrote: I can understand why Gayle turned down the move, young family wants a chance to prove himself in the prem and we couldn't offer him a perm 3 year deal on terms he could accept.

He will sign for us if we get promoted. This is his “spiritual home” imo

You may be right, and dependant on circumstances at both clubs this is something which may be revisited in January
Blues put in a record bid for Gayle but were unable to match Gayles wage demands.
Charlie Austin suits our system better IMO.