Cheated
(10-26-2019, 04:46 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I've seen reds given for that plenty. However I'd question if the ref actually saw it judging by his cock up after and he shouldn't be making decisions without seeing exactly what happened.

He was obviously listening to the 4th official. I don't think we can argue about that. Any other player except a Baggie does that and every reasonable fan says that is a red and they got the decision right.
(10-26-2019, 04:46 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I've seen reds given for that plenty. However I'd question if the ref actually saw it judging by his cock up after and he shouldn't be making decisions without seeing exactly what happened.

That would explain why, at the time, I didn't think the ref was going to even yellow him. He just sauntered over, then it seemed to kick off and another official??? Appeared and seemed to tell the ref to do it...which the ref then got utterly wrong. I actually thought he showed red to Diang and to Sawyers before Ferguson?
We can talk about how maybe it shouldn't have been a red card or maybe it shouldn't have been a penalty, or that we didn't take our chances or that we couldn't really do that much about the goals etc.

Fact is, at home to a weakened Charlton team, we weren't good enough. We didn't play well
Ref shouldn't have needed the 4th official fir it, that's my point, he really was terrible.
We were all a bit puzzled what the pen was for and I was in the East Stand level with the incident.
(10-26-2019, 04:48 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Ajayi didn't challenge him, if anything Ajayi was fouled.

Definitely. In many ways it reminded me of the last minute goal at Chelsea when we were winning and Ramires dived into our man and got the penalty. The Ref couldn't wait to give it and even up for the handball control by HRK IMO.
(10-26-2019, 04:50 PM)Sliced Wrote: We can talk about how maybe it shouldn't have been a red card or maybe it shouldn't have been a penalty, or that we didn't take our chances or that we couldn't really do that much about the goals etc.

Fact is, at home to a weakened Charlton team, we weren't good enough. We didn't play well

We did the second half.
(10-26-2019, 04:51 PM)tiptontown Wrote: We were all a bit puzzled what the pen was for and I was in the East Stand level with the incident.

Us to in the SME corner. We were screaming for offside way before it happened. Need the TV people to tell us if we were wrong on the offside, looked miles off though.

We only seem to start playing well in the second half...
(10-26-2019, 04:53 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:51 PM)tiptontown Wrote: We were all a bit puzzled what the pen was for and I was in the East Stand level with the incident.

Us to in the SME corner. We were screaming for offside way before it happened. Need the TV people to tell us if we were wrong on the offside, looked miles off though.
Mate they didn't show the O/S angle. It didn't feature in the comms. It wasn't a foul though.
Even Clinton Effin Morrison couldn't see a pen!
(10-26-2019, 04:52 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:50 PM)Sliced Wrote: We can talk about how maybe it shouldn't have been a red card or maybe it shouldn't have been a penalty, or that we didn't take our chances or that we couldn't really do that much about the goals etc.

We did the second half.

+1. Don't know how anyone can say we didn't play well 2nd half. 1st half we were poor though