Cheated
(10-26-2019, 06:13 PM)Sliced Wrote: For the sake of balance, HRK's super finish surely was a handball

+1

Just watched it all back.

Ferguson looked a red to me. Very reckless and didn't need to dive in. Yes he got a tiny nick on the ball but it looked bad too me. The ref sending off Diangana instead was hilarious.

The penalty was an absolute travesty. The sort of decision the ref should be given a months suspension for. Just terrible. Of course their player was going to make a meal of anything in the box on 94 mins. Their player should have been booked imo.

Robson Kanu definitely accidently hand balled it in the build up to his goal and I've seen them blown up many times. That mistake should not have been a factor late on but you can't help think the ref tried to level it up.

Terribly weak ref.
(10-26-2019, 04:07 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I didn't think it was a red.i didn't think it was a pen, but I was sure their striker was offside for it.. livid.

Just got back and watched both incidents.
Nailed on red for Ferguson, even if the dope in the middle managed to mistake him for Diangana. (I mean, skin and hair colour, physique etc - an easy mistake to make!  Rolleyes ).  We won't be appealing that one.
The penalty, though, was an even more ridiculous decision than Marriner's for Chelsea, and I never thought I'd be able to say that. From what I've seen, I can't comment on the possible offside, though you're not the only one to mention it - but, for goodness sake, what was the pen even given for?  An appalling decision which the clown should be made to try to justify before being allowed to ref another match at this level.
(10-26-2019, 07:35 PM)74bus Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 04:07 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I didn't think it was a red.i didn't think it was a pen, but I was sure their striker was offside for it.. livid.

Just got back and watched both incidents.
Nailed on red for Ferguson, even if the dope in the middle managed to mistake him for Diangana. (I mean, skin and hair colour, physique etc - an easy mistake to make!  Rolleyes ).  We won't be appealing that one.
The penalty, though, was an even more ridiculous decision than Marriner's for Chelsea, and I never thought I'd be able to say that. From what I've seen, I can't comment on the possible offside, though you're not the only one to mention it - but, for goodness sake, what was the pen even given for?  An appalling decision which the clown should be made to try to justify before being allowed to ref another match at this level.

+1. Brunt and Furlong raise their hands to appeal for an Albion free kick (foul on Ajayi/ handball by their player). Anazing decision to give a pen. Let's hope those lost 2 points don't cost us come May.

It was a red and a dubious penalty.

I knew we would rue those chances we missed.  Diangana's was as bad as Kanu's.
(10-26-2019, 08:31 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

It was a red and a dubious penalty.

I knew we would rue those chances we missed.  Diangana's was as bad as Kanu's.

Afraid so   Massive sitter.