Star Wars
(12-16-2019, 08:14 AM)Duffers Wrote: Completely forgot it was out this week, it was only when I looked at my calendar this morning I remembered I’m meant to be seeing it on Thursday.

Is it just me or has there been almost nothing in terms of publicity or hype for this film? Given it’s meant to be the last in the saga I’d have thought it would be everywhere. Haven’t even seen a poster for it, and I go past a cinema every day.

Agree. Seen far less publicity than usual.
With the mad xmas rush visiting family up north, midlands then down south I don't think I will be able to watch it until early in the new year.
(12-16-2019, 08:33 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Completely unexcited for this, though I'll probably end up seeing it anyway... I hate to sound like a whinging fanboy but the last one really did suck and rendered the entire original trilogy essentially pointless.

The latest episode of The Mandalorian was rubbish as well Sad

I haven't seen anything in terms of hype though the French Alps isn't exactly an advertising hotpoint

HAT TIP FOR THE THINLY VEILED MCW POST M8
Also going on Thursday, we were able to buy tickets on Sunday... and select good seats too.

I agree I've seen next to no advertising for it at all.
Rogue One was great and I'll be seeing the new SW this Saturday, but all the real sci-fi fans are waiting for Picard in January...
Can't fucking wait. The Last Jedi was no where near as bad as people make out.

Agree with the Rogue One comments, probably the best out the 'none originals'.
Clarnet v2.0
(12-16-2019, 10:12 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I’m going for the 12 midnight showing. I will post some spoilers in ASAP Wink

Going on Thursday after deciding to give the midnight screening a miss. I managed to doze off during the midnight screenings of Rogue One and The Last Jedi  Big Grin
(12-16-2019, 07:21 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Can't fucking wait. The Last Jedi was no where near as bad as people make out.

Do you want me to rant about it?

It was shit, possibly worse than the prequels, just terrible.
(12-16-2019, 10:12 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I’m going for the 12 midnight showing. I will post some spoilers in ASAP Wink

That'll be a permanent ban.  Big Grin
(12-16-2019, 10:12 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I’m going for the 12 midnight showing. 

ARF
(12-16-2019, 10:47 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 07:21 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Can't fucking wait. The Last Jedi was no where near as bad as people make out.

Do you want me to rant about it?

It was shit, possibly worse than the prequels, just terrible.
Have a rant. 

How long you got!  Big Grin
Clarnet v2.0