Conor Gallagher
(01-14-2020, 01:52 PM)Squid Wrote: It's a straight fight between us and Swansea for him and a decision will apparently be reached in the next few days.

Gallagher coming in is likely to pave way for Harper leaving on loan. Darren Moore’s Doncaster are strongly interested.
(01-14-2020, 12:18 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 12:02 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 11:39 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Recalled from his loan spell at Charlton by Chelsea. Looking to send him out again it seems, it was reported that we were interested.

Any reports on how he played Saturday?

I thought he looked decent. Not sure why he's being recalled to be sent to a club in the same division?

I’d imagine to see how he performs under greater pressure.

more likely to see how he performs when not playing for a shithouse team.
Watched the Derby v Charlton match the other week, and he seemed to be involved in everything, but more as a spoiler in the middle than an attacking player. The Derby fans spent most of the match giving him abuse, he really got under their skin.

I imagine he'll go to Swansea as he's more likely to be a regular starter there - who would he replace in our line-up?

(01-14-2020, 02:11 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 11:39 AM)Lightnin Wrote: Recalled from his loan spell at Charlton by Chelsea. Looking to send him out again it seems, it was reported that we were interested.

I thought he looked decent. Not sure why he's being recalled to be sent to a club in the same division?

There is that to it!
(01-14-2020, 02:17 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote: Watched the Derby v Charlton match the other week, and he seemed to be involved in everything, but more as a spoiler in the middle than an attacking player. The Derby fans spent most of the match giving him abuse, he really got under their skin.

I imagine he'll go to Swansea as he's more likely to be a regular starter there - who would he replace in our line-up?

(01-14-2020, 02:11 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

There is that to it!

I suppose it’s up to him who he replaces. It’s fair to say that Livermore and Sawyers could both benefit from a little extra competition.
Agreed

Thought Gallagher played well in the game at our place
There are concerns over training methods at Charlton apparently. Their injury crisis and their total shithousery seems to point to overly competitive and hard training sessions.

Wonder if we've looked at Leko and Field considering they've both been injured there too.
(01-14-2020, 03:51 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: There are concerns over training methods at Charlton apparently. Their injury crisis and their total shithousery seems to point to overly competitive and hard training sessions.

Wonder if we've looked at Leko and Field considering they've both been injured there too.

Leko was injured in a match, tbf.
Looks like charlton have moved quickly in replacing Gallagher, Maddison from Peterborough!!
(01-14-2020, 04:22 PM)Poppy’s dad Wrote: Looks like charlton have moved quickly in replacing Gallagher, Maddison from Peterborough!!

Different kind of player?

Maddison will fit in with the shithousery though as he's a bit of a whopper by all accounts.
(01-14-2020, 04:22 PM)Poppy’s dad Wrote: Looks like charlton have moved quickly in replacing Gallagher, Maddison from Peterborough!!

It'll be interesting to see how Maddison steps up to the Championship. I'm sure it won't take long for Bowyer to get him snidely hacking players down!