Conor Gallagher
Was he the one Sam passed the ball to in the first minute, put it just wide? Generally thought he looked ok but few of Charlton's players really stood out. Probably not the game to make a judgement on him. Presumably Slav fancies him though and that'll do for me.
Going Swansea.
Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher, 19, recalled from Charlton Athletic, will sign on loan for Swansea City. Had his pick of Championship clubs & follows Rhian Brewster to work under former England U17 coach Steve Cooper. More shortly @TeleFootball
Bit harsh on Charlton. Going to Swansea as they play "better" more passing football?
(01-14-2020, 05:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Was he the one Sam passed the ball to in the first minute, put it just wide?  Generally thought he looked ok but few of Charlton's players really stood out.  Probably not the game to make a judgement on him. Presumably Slav fancies him though and that'll do for me.

Sam who?
(01-14-2020, 09:31 PM)Penny Black Baggie Wrote:
(01-14-2020, 05:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Was he the one Sam passed the ball to in the first minute, put it just wide?  Generally thought he looked ok but few of Charlton's players really stood out.  Probably not the game to make a judgement on him. Presumably Slav fancies him though and that'll do for me.

Sam who?

Johnstone

Story below also includes an update on Conor Gallagher. Albion were interested in the player. But would not meet Chelsea's demands that he had to start a set number of games. Now looks as though he is heading to Swansea on loan. #wba
(01-14-2020, 10:33 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

Sam who?

Johnstone

Story below also includes an update on Conor Gallagher. Albion were interested in the player. But would not meet Chelsea's demands that he had to start a set number of games. Now looks as though he is heading to Swansea on loan. #wba
That's a tricky one.

We didn't take Mings, because we didn't think we could give him enough games (slightly different scenario), but I suppose Gallagher is a loan signing with no prospect of a permanent. This season we do not have to guarantee anyone a starting place, and it would upset the harmony in the team.
(01-15-2020, 09:24 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Sam who?

Johnstone

That's a tricky one.

We didn't take Mings, because we didn't think we could give him enough games (slightly different scenario), but I suppose Gallagher is a loan signing with no prospect of a permanent. This season we do not have to guarantee anyone a starting place, and it would upset the harmony in the team.

It does feel like this seasons Mings. Just hope it doesn’t bite us in the same way. 

FWIW I am surprised we didn’t agree to the clause. Would have started every game for me.
He’s a good player but I don’t see Swansea doing a Villa with the rest of their squad as it is

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-15-2020, 10:08 AM)B36baggie Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 09:24 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Sam who?

Johnstone

That's a tricky one.

It does feel like this seasons Mings. Just hope it doesn’t bite us in the same way. 

FWIW I am surprised we didn’t agree to the clause. Would have started every game for me.

In place of who? Despite injury or loss of form? Okay.