Nathan Ferguson
(01-25-2020, 06:12 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 06:08 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 05:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 05:10 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 05:04 PM)Peachy Wrote: Chuffed for him today. His attitude is great. Yes he's limited but whenever I've seen him he's always given 100% and been tidy.

Can't ask for much more.
If I was him I would run out with Spacegoat on the back of my shirt next time. 
Yes he has his limitations but he is young, ever willing and has had much better performances than the Non -Sofa's on here (many of whom are far too happy with the mono opinion of the twatter) would be able to recognise. 
Played okay Monday too and was certainly nowhere near the worst player.
Really pleased for him and it really seems to matter unlike some of the other youngsters we have.

Townsend rarely if never lets anyone down when he plays. He’s an easy and lazy target when things aren’t going well.

He's a Left Back. We all know how much we hate Left Backs round here.

Scott Darton wants a word pal.

IMO
25 years ago now - time flies
He seems to have had a lot criticism for the Stoke game, but I actually didn't think he was that bad.
He was far from the worse.
(01-25-2020, 05:20 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 05:09 PM)WWHO Wrote: I've defended him in the past but can't be arsed now. We really should bomb him out, make him train and eat with the kids, ban his family and advisors from the ground.  It's clearly become a distraction around the club and adds to the negatively amongst the fans. We can't afford this in the background.

I'm sure he's a lovely kid, his family are wonderful etc, but let's send out a message. As a club we won't tolerate being held to ransome by some spotty oinkling who would be hanging around Nando's break dancing if it wasn't for out professional, emotional and financial support.

Half a dozen decent games and his head has turned.  Modern day football aye ...

Another ruined by others greed. I'm really glad O'Shea ha signed and taken his place.

+1

It'll be very interesting to see how the two careers progress.
(01-25-2020, 06:21 PM)tiptontown Wrote: He seems to have had a lot criticism for the Stoke game, but I actually didn't think he was that bad.

He's been blamed for the goal Stoke scored in a lot of quarters, yes he was caught upfield out of position BUT we still had 2 vastly experienced defenders behind him who both fugged up big time, Townsend is a very competent LB imho and is young enough to improve, thought he got better after his goal today.
(01-25-2020, 08:00 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 06:21 PM)tiptontown Wrote: He seems to have had a lot criticism for the Stoke game, but I actually didn't think he was that bad.

He's been blamed for the goal Stoke scored in a lot of quarters, yes he was caught upfield out of position BUT we still had 2 vastly experienced defenders behind him who both fugged up big time, Townsend is a very competent LB imho and is young enough to improve, thought he got better after his goal today.
The reason he got caught out of position was mainly down to an awful pass by Livermore. There was a few culpable for that goal and Townsend wasn't the worst culprit.
(01-25-2020, 08:18 PM)tiptontown Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 08:00 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:

The reason he got caught out of position was mainly down to an awful pass by Livermore. There was a few culpable for that goal and Townsend wasn't the worst culprit.

Spot on, Livermore lost the ball and failed to get back quickly enough to cover his mistake.

Townsend had bombed forward as an option for the Livermore pass.
Alan Nixon suggesting that Palace are looking to bid for Ferguson.
(01-26-2020, 10:27 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Alan Nixon suggesting that Palace are looking to bid for Ferguson.

£4m being mooted... sadly looks like we’ll have to take it.

Wonder if we could do a deal involving Sørloth... he’s scored goals everywhere but Palace.
(01-26-2020, 10:33 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 10:27 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Alan Nixon suggesting that Palace are looking to bid for Ferguson.

£4m being mooted... sadly looks like we’ll have to take it.

Wonder if we could do a deal involving Sørloth... he’s scored goals everywhere but Palace.

If he goes and we do win the league, then I wouldn't give him a fucking medal.
(01-25-2020, 05:09 PM)WWHO Wrote: I've defended him in the past but can't be arsed now. We really should bomb him out, make him train and eat with the kids, ban his family and advisors from the ground.  It's clearly become a distraction around the club and adds to the negatively amongst the fans. We can't afford this in the background.

I'm sure he's a lovely kid, his family are wonderful etc, but let's send out a message. As a club we won't tolerate being held to ransome by some spotty oinkling who would be hanging around Nando's break dancing if it wasn't for out professional, emotional and financial support.

Half a dozen decent games and his head has turned.  Modern day football aye ...

Wow. A poor black man dancing around a chicken shop...that's three for one. Good work.

Nothing to see here.