Arthritis
(01-31-2020, 03:05 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Has anyone tried Hal's magic turmeric drink?

I looked online, and am mulling it over...

About £2.50 a day (a shot, which fact in itself makes me suspicious- but I'll try anything)

https://minimalistbaker.com/lemon-ginger...ess-shots/

I'd try that first, it's probably cheaper to make and it's fresher
(01-31-2020, 03:11 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 03:05 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Has anyone tried Hal's magic turmeric drink?

About £2.50 a day (a shot, which fact in itself makes me suspicious- but I'll try anything)

https://minimalistbaker.com/lemon-ginger...ess-shots/

I'd try that first, it's probably cheaper to make and it's fresher
Thanks Mr Borin. I'll give it a goo.
(01-30-2020, 03:07 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Does anybody else suffer with it I've got it in my hand and it's getting really uncomftable anyone else have trouble with it . I really dont want steroid injections just want something to get the swelling down .

Yep, got it in both hands, and as a musician, it's fucked me up somewhat, so I'm a bit of an expert, having researched this for years. As an additive, turmeric is as good as it gets, ("cook" it first), but basically, it's more about what you need to cut from your diet than what you need to add. Arthritis put simply is about high acid levels in the blood, which are made worse by highly acidic foods like sugar, modern wheat, (we actually take in more toxins from modern wheat than we get goodness from it), red meat, and some dairy, although that varies from person to person. There's loads of stuff online about an alkaline diet, but it's radical... loads of green veg. etc.  Oh, and if you smoke, quit. I'm partial to the odd spliff now and again mixed with tobacco, and I feel the difference within a few hours ... not good. Ironically, I've heard good things about CBD oil, but haven't tried it myself yet. Good luck.

I mentioned this on another thread a few weeks back.Something for my knees.
A months supply is about £80! I opted for capsule tablets from Healthline in the end (£15 for a months supply). Although it seems it will be about 3 months until any noticeable effect.(if any!)

I do think it’s all above board regarding Hal’s business.He started it with his father a few years ago,it just seems expensive.I might be tempted for a month in the future.
(01-31-2020, 05:25 PM)zendog Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 03:07 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Does anybody else suffer with it I've got it in my hand and it's getting really uncomftable anyone else have trouble with it . I really dont want steroid injections just want something to get the swelling down .

Yep, got it in both hands, and as a musician, it's fucked me up somewhat, so I'm a bit of an expert, having researched this for years. As an additive, turmeric is as good as it gets, ("cook" it first), but basically, it's more about what you need to cut from your diet than what you need to add. Arthritis put simply is about high acid levels in the blood, which are made worse by highly acidic foods like sugar, modern wheat, (we actually take in more toxins from modern wheat than we get goodness from it), red meat, and some dairy, although that varies from person to person. There's loads of stuff online about an alkaline diet, but it's radical... loads of green veg. etc.  Oh, and if you smoke, quit. I'm partial to the odd spliff now and again mixed with tobacco, and I feel the difference within a few hours ... not good. Ironically, I've heard good things about CBD oil, but haven't tried it myself yet. Good luck.

Spot on quote, another speaking from experience. Find out what causes the flare up's - to focus on treating the symptoms rather then stopping what causes it is a major mistake.
(01-31-2020, 06:37 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 05:25 PM)zendog Wrote:

Spot on quote, another speaking from experience. Find out what causes the flare up's - to focus on treating the symptoms rather then stopping what causes it is a major mistake.
Right on, though not that easy.
I am pretty sure that podiatric inserts in my shoes help.
And I've just had my first turmeric drink... nothing to report yet...!