“Morally wrong”
Theres not a cat in hell's chance those bin dipping scousers are going to let anyone take this title away from them on earnt grounds. Voiding the season will cause the biggest hoohah in history and they will never ever let anyone forget it.

The article reads like The Athletic was talking to an Everton supporting receptionist.
As no one can ever know the date for next season to start, it simply might as well start where we left off.
We finish this season whenever. Then adjust next season accordingly. Even if it means all clubs playing each other just once.
However you look at the alternatives, that's the simplest answer. No legal bunfight plus Sky get a bonanza because there are so few dead rubbers. AND....villa don't get off the bloody hook.
(03-27-2020, 04:04 PM)Squid Wrote: I cannot think of anything more distasteful than people who have a vested financial interest in the season not being completed, claiming that the season should be void "because there are more important things than football".

Bollocks, bollocks and thrice bollocks.

I really dislike Brady and the West Ham board, but at least she had the guts to be publicly self-serving, unlike the weasels being quoted in the article.

This season needs to finish first, before worrying about next season.

This is the thing. When you hear someone with a vested interest extolling the virtues of actions which clearly suit their agenda, then their opinion really should just be ignored. 

The problem for Liverpool, West Brom, Leeds etc is that the people without a vested interest who may just be listened to, will probably take the view that 'it's just football' and it would be best to just cancel this season completely. 

I'd honestly prefer it to be concluded fairly, but somehow, at the moment (and my opinion varies from week to week), I just can't see it happening now. 

To conclude this season properly would have a knock on effect on next season. If they write this season off, then with a fair wind and some good fortune, maybe next season can start as usual in August.
There’s a general presumption that next season will be all back to normal. I think it could be a long while before we have football back as normal.
(03-27-2020, 11:18 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I'm resigned to the fact we've got another season of Championship football, we'll fail to go up due to the chaos having been unable to sign Pereira, losing Diagdana, losing Krov and all our players a year older.

Glass half full then lad?
(03-27-2020, 06:49 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 04:04 PM)Squid Wrote: I cannot think of anything more distasteful than people who have a vested financial interest in the season not being completed, claiming that the season should be void "because there are more important things than football".

I really dislike Brady and the West Ham board, but at least she had the guts to be publicly self-serving, unlike the weasels being quoted in the article.

This is the thing. When you hear someone with a vested interest extolling the virtues of actions which clearly suit their agenda, then their opinion really should just be ignored. 

The problem for Liverpool, West Brom, Leeds etc is that the people without a vested interest who may just be listened to, will probably take the view that 'it's just football' and it would be best to just cancel this season completely. 

I'd honestly prefer it to be concluded fairly, but somehow, at the moment (and my opinion varies from week to week), I just can't see it happening now. 

To conclude this season properly would have a knock on effect on next season. If they write this season off, then with a fair wind and some good fortune, maybe next season can start as usual in August.

Who doesn't have a vested interest though?

There are a clutch of clubs on the verge of European football in the PL, whether Champions League or Europa. Even if the competitions don't happen, there's still the prize money for finishing so high in the League. The relegation zone is incredibly tight.

The number of clubs in the PL who are "meh" about this season is actually very small.

We used should finish this competition first.
(03-27-2020, 06:49 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Who cares about starting a new competition in August, when this one hasn’t been concluded yet?
(03-27-2020, 11:18 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I'm resigned to the fact we've got another season of Championship football, we'll fail to go up due to the chaos having been unable to sign Pereira, losing Diagdana, losing Krov and all our players a year older.

On the positive note, you won't be able to buy enough paracetamol to top yourself mate.  Big Grin
Not a cat in hells chance they will deprive Liverpool of the title. This season will be completed. Whenever that is. Next season may have to start after Xmas.
The fact that its Liverpool and not someone like Man City that are close to winning the league makes me more optimistic that they will wanna finish the season.

I think scrapping this season would be a joke and would honestly make me lose interest in football. We deserve something for our efforts this season.

Also what happens if we start a new season and the virus flares up again? This season must be concluded when its safe to finish.