“Morally wrong”
This is actually a good opportunity to align the seasons to a winter World Cup.
(03-27-2020, 08:11 PM)Duffers Wrote: This is actually a good opportunity to align the seasons to a winter World Cup.

Which should have been fugged off by now but has felt the warm of spring, unfortunately.
(03-27-2020, 08:15 PM)Fido Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 08:11 PM)Duffers Wrote: This is actually a good opportunity to align the seasons to a winter World Cup.

Which should have been fugged off by now but has felt the warm of spring, unfortunately.

Yup. The decision to strip Qatar of the World Cup should have been announced the same day as Blatter and Platini’s charges, however the stadiums are built, billions of dollars have been spent and many, many lives have been lost or ruined.

I keep thinking this, but the Euros keep getting in the way.

(03-27-2020, 07:24 PM)Squid Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 06:49 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(03-27-2020, 04:04 PM)Squid Wrote: I cannot think of anything more distasteful than people who have a vested financial interest in the season not being completed, claiming that the season should be void "because there are more important things than football".

Bollocks, bollocks and thrice bollocks.

I really dislike Brady and the West Ham board, but at least she had the guts to be publicly self-serving, unlike the weasels being quoted in the article.

This season needs to finish first, before worrying about next season.

This is the thing. When you hear someone with a vested interest extolling the virtues of actions which clearly suit their agenda, then their opinion really should just be ignored. 

The problem for Liverpool, West Brom, Leeds etc is that the people without a vested interest who may just be listened to, will probably take the view that 'it's just football' and it would be best to just cancel this season completely. 

I'd honestly prefer it to be concluded fairly, but somehow, at the moment (and my opinion varies from week to week), I just can't see it happening now. 

To conclude this season properly would have a knock on effect on next season. If they write this season off, then with a fair wind and some good fortune, maybe next season can start as usual in August.

Who doesn't have a vested interest though?

There are a clutch of clubs on the verge of European football in the PL, whether Champions League or Europa. Even if the competitions don't happen, there's still the prize money for finishing so high in the League. The relegation zone is incredibly tight.

The number of clubs in the PL who are "meh" about this season is actually very small.

We used should finish this competition first.

I’m talking about the footballing authorities who are not linked directly to any particular club. The ones who, on the surface at least, have no more affiliation to Liverpool than they do to West Ham.
I seriously couldn't care less!!
Football is important as it represents normality. And we all want to get back to that.

Had Liverpool already won the title I suspect we’d have been fucked over by the PL by now or at their next meeting. Liverpool champions and we restart with everyone in the same division, who at the bottom will argue with that and what chance do a couple of clubs from the EFL have against the PL machine?

The season should be finished and the following season can be amended accordingly. If we get this one done by October then they could start in the new year/xmas time; have a break for the Euros; finish in time for the World Cup and then go again in January. This may change the football calendar forever, a summer mid-season break, plenty time to catch up on any postponements.